How often do you see your boyfriend/girlfriend? Watch

RobGray
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
As the title says, how often is it that you see your partner while at university?

Obviously distance and finance is a big factor, but what's the average?
Perpetuallity
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Every 0.67 attoseconds.
Mockery
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Every 2-3 months.. Bad times
Popppppy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We live together
RobGray
Rep:
?
Do you guys talk everyday?
(Online)
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For us it'll (hopefully) be no more than 2/3 weeks.
drobinson
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Every 2-3 weeks for about 3 days at a time.

It sucks. Especially when you've lived with them for about a year previous to uni.
eve1293
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Obviously we've not experienced this for very long but it so far we've seen each other every week and it looks like we'll see each other once a week or once a fortnight. But we call everyday
RobGray
Rep:
?
(Original post by eve1293)
Obviously we've not experienced this for very long but it so far we've seen each other every week and it looks like we'll see each other once a week or once a fortnight. But we call everyday
This is what I'm hoping to do.

Although she's in Bath and I'm in Bristol, so it won't be hard...
Jess Holly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just started an LDR of about 240 miles :/ we're aiming to see each other every month or so but with the cost of train tickets and the 9 hours it'd take by coach it's gonna be difficult.
TealSoup
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I met my boyfriend at work, we both still work there (I'm just there at the weekends now because of college) so I see him then, also my college is right around the corner from his house so pretty much everyday

Some people would find it a bit suffocating but we've been together 9 months now, and we do have an agreement to have to few days apart now and then (such as today!)
mazzie111
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
every three or four weeks
Alarae
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It was going to be every weekend he would drive up to meet me (not yet at Uni, go up this Sunday) but he called just today and has got a job in Reading, like a mile from where I will be living.

Needless to say it may be a lot more than just weekends now, lol.
Anonymous #1
Report 7 years ago
I'm from Coventry and he's from Birmingham but i've gone back to Leicester now for Uni. We've been together since February. At first we used to meet once a month because he was busy with work and stuff and I was settling into Uni life. Then I weren't sure about my feelings for him, so then broke up with him. This is my first relationship and his second serious one. Then we got back together about June-ish time and my feelings were getting stronger gradually. Recently we've been meeting up once a week for the past three weeks because he was on holiday from work but now he's back at work again and is now working long hours as its a new job. We speak on the phone every night without fail but i dunno its not the same as physically seeing eachother. At the beginning of the relationship, I was determined i wouldn't lose my virginity until Marriage but last time we linked up i was so close to losing it but was scared of getting pregnant but now we have decided that we're both ready for it. I think maybe thats more of a reason why i can't bear being apart from him now because of the new staged we have reached in our relationship.
kat91s
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I live with my boyfriend so I see him every day unless he goes away somewhere. From this weekend though, we won't see eachother until Christmas because I'm going abroad to Japan. He's coming to visit me in my week off. It's gonna be hard!
Vindobona
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We've been spending every single day and night (literally) together for the past few months, but now I just moved to the UK for my postgrad studies so we're only going to see each other every 3 months or so :cry: Not just different cities, but different countries...

We send each other texts multiple times throughout the day and we're going to try to talk on Skype as much as possible. But still, it's going to be very hard for both of us. The relationship so far involved a lot of cuddling, kissing and sex and all of this is not possible anymore.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1629)
78.92%
Leave (435)
21.08%

Watched Threads