Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how many girls here have ever said (even once) "why do I always end up with *******s, why can't I get a nice guy" or some equivalent of that?

EDIT: I feel like people are missing the point when they hear the word "nice".

nice doesn't mean a pussy, it simply means the guy doesn't sleep with other girls, doesn't do this whole "game/PUA" crap, is not insanely arrogant, cocky and boasts all the time, doesn't say things that will hurt just to be always right, he is a nice person to be around ie he is funny (and I don't mean just clean humour), he cares about his friends and wont stand them up for stupid reasons. BUT this doesn't mean that from time to time he wont take the piss for fun (harmlessly), or wont go out and get absolutely paralytic drunk, or can't joke around, or do a stupid bet.... it seems to me that when people hear the word "nice guy" they picture a guy that you could walk all over, chew him up and spit him out. that's not a "nice guy" that's a pussy.

ReputationRep:
    Women don't like 'Nice Guys'

They friend zone them instantly and are attracted to douchebags. Then complain when they get treated like rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinshed)
    how many girls here have ever said (even once) "why do I always end up with *******s, why can't I get a nice guy" or some equivalent of that?
    Many. If not most.

They like to think they only want a nice guy, but lets face it, arrogant ****ers are the ones that grab their attention.

Its basic psychology. Every woman wants an Alpha male, but very few (if any) of them are nice. In the long-distant past they would have only had children with the most dominant male of their group, so its hardly surprising. Males only become dominant if they are ruthless and confident/arrogant.

ReputationRep:
    I always end up with guys who appear to be nice at first, but then turn out to be complete *****. I definitely like 'nice guys' though. I think it's guys who don't like 'nice girls'.

ReputationRep:
    not me. recently got married to my first love after 5 years,hehe =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Average_Aaron)

They friend zone them instantly and are attracted to douchebags. Then complain when they get treated like rubbish.
    No, they friend zone boring/unattractive guys who think that they get friend zoned because they're "nice".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinshed)
    What traits do these 'nice guys' have? Whats the description of a nice guy?! :/

ReputationRep:

I think this is true of younger girls but as they get older they do learn that a nice guy is better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    No, they friend zone boring/unattractive guys who think that they get friend zoned because they're "nice".
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3.../challenge.jpg

Nothing else to say. Says it all.

Almost every woman's perfect man has two features: Hes interesting, and must be able to take care of them. I know youve heard it before but the main ingredient in both is confidence - no girl wants a wimpy insecure weasel of a boy.

The interesting part is easy - all you need to do is go out and live life. Go out a few nights a week, get a hobby, get an interesting job, do cool stuff whatever, you aren't afraid of rejection (or at least at like you don't), you look like youre happy being yourself and single (or at least maintain that image).

The take care of them part is a little trickier, but still fairly easy - Not being afraid to ask things (from simple things like asking directions in person (if you can't find a the local mcdonalds and you whip out an iphone rather than asking a local she won't be impressed) to asking for her phone number.), taking her out places, ability to drive, have your own place (thats a massive fanny magnet), buying her things etc...

Now getting a balance of both these things can be tricky, as it costs money to do either well, and as a result there arn't very many guys who can balance both.

If you're in the interesting catagory - you're likely a c*** to be honest - the guy who women complain about all the time. Usually a guy in the interesting pile acts single even if hes in a relationship.

If your the kind who likes to look after them then you're probably just a nice guy - and they can get what they want from you without having the burden of having to be in a relationship with you.

ReputationRep:
    Girl's dont like nice guys

If you're a "nice guy" the reason you're a nice guy is because you need to man the **** up. You need to get out there and not be a afraid of ****. Don't pussy about texting girls - ring them, they love it. When you ring her ask her out - doesn't have to be anywhere in particular just ask her if she wants to hang out sometime. Unless shes a tart you won't get with her by just hanging out though - youll probably have to ask her out on a date. If she says no then **** it - don't speak to her for a few days then ask her out again. Ask a few girls out at the same time preferably over something like facebook so the girl youre trying to get with sees that you're seeing other girls. This makes her think that you don't see her as anything special and might want to change that. If she says no to a date 3 times then you just have to accept that she doesn't like you. This happened to me - i liked this one girl for years and when i finally got the courage to ask her out she shot me down. I asked her again and she told me no again so i gave up. I met my fiancee a few months later. I thought that that first girl was my soulmate and i'd never meet someone as cool as her ever again, but there literally are plenty more fish in the sea.

Girls don't give a **** if you're fat thin ugly dumb stupid or even a c*** - if you can show them a good time and look after them thats all they want.

ReputationRep:
    If you're a "nice guy" the reason you're a nice guy is because you need to man the **** up. You need to get out there and not be a afraid of ****. Don't pussy about texting girls - ring them, they love it. When you ring her ask her out - doesn't have to be anywhere in particular just ask her if she wants to hang out sometime. Unless shes a tart you won't get with her by just hanging out though - youll probably have to ask her out on a date. If she says no then **** it - don't speak to her for a few days then ask her out again. Ask a few girls out at the same time preferably over something like facebook so the girl youre trying to get with sees that you're seeing other girls. This makes her think that you don't see her as anything special and might want to change that. If she says no to a date 3 times then you just have to accept that she doesn't like you. This happened to me - i liked this one girl for years and when i finally got the courage to ask her out she shot me down. I asked her again and she told me no again so i gave up. I met my fiancee a few months later. I thought that that first girl was my soulmate and i'd never meet someone as cool as her ever again, but there literally are plenty more fish in the sea.

Girls don't give a **** if you're fat thin ugly dumb stupid or even a c*** - if you can show them a good time and look after them thats all they want.

This. Just don't go over board and portray yourself as a ****.

ReputationRep:

what this guy said and its true for the majority of women out there.

Girl rejects nice guy ---> nice guy learns the only way to consistently get a girl is to be a douchebag ---> girl complains about douchebag

I could draw a picture if you want?!?!

ReputationRep:
    I've posted this before, but it's relevant to this discussion about nice guys
    Why Nice Guys are such LOSERS
    Note: I did not write the article.

ReputationRep:
    No only had one boyfriend and am still with him 4 year on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry)
    QFT :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Think I read that before but it's still a nice read haha

ReputationRep:
    I've never said that. I chose my current boyfriend over another guy because he seemed like the nicer out of the two. That is, he actually texted me back the same day, didn't get involved in illegal activity instead of picking me up as planned, and was on time and reliable.

ReputationRep:
    I'll add to the comments above...This is a brilliant article.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.