Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing a joint degree? haven't come across many people who are, but if you are, what are you doing and where?

ReputationRep:
    Yes! French and Politics, applying to Lancaster, Nottingham, Edinburgh, Leeds and Sussex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somebodytoldmexo)
    Yes! French and Politics, applying to Lancaster, Nottingham, Edinburgh, Leeds and Sussex
    Woo nice! Do you do more French than Politics, or is it an equal split?

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the Uni, some offer courses which are more weighted towards one or the other. I wanted a course with an equal split, so that's what all the ones that I am applying to have What do you want to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabberwox)
    Anyone doing a joint degree? haven't come across many people who are, but if you are, what are you doing and where?
    Economics and Geography at UCL. Just found out that this degree is extremely difficult and hardly anyone gets a first. There goes my hopes of getting onto a top Master's programme Then again, I do like a challenge

What are you reading?

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the Uni, some offer courses which are more weighted towards one or the other. I wanted a course with an equal split, so that's what all the ones that I am applying to have What do you want to do?
    English and Psychology, which I'm sure is an equal split best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    English and Psychology, which I'm sure is an equal split best of luck!
    aah sounds good to me! Good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cabine Sono Qui)
    Economics and Geography at UCL. Just found out that this degree is extremely difficult and hardly anyone gets a first. There goes my hopes of getting onto a top Master's programme Then again, I do like a challenge

What are you reading?
    Wow UCL nice that's quite an unusual combination too

English and Psychology; I'm applying at Winchester, Oxford Brookes, Keele and Gloucestershire ^^

ReputationRep:
    omg another person doing french and pol! its a miracle!
    for me - leeds, warwick, exeter, l'boro and perhaps b'ham

missed open days for warwick and bham so unsure

ReputationRep:
    Maths and philosophy, applying to: Oxford, Nottingham, Leeds, Sheffield and Birmingham.i am so not looking forward to the entrance exams aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiana1605)
    omg another person doing french and pol! its a miracle!
    for me - leeds, warwick, exeter, l'boro and perhaps b'ham

missed open days for warwick and bham so unsure
    Aaah, awesome! Have you visited Leeds? I won't be until if they give me an offer but I really liked the look of it from the prospectus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MobiusPrime)
    Maths and philosophy, applying to: Oxford, Nottingham, Leeds, Sheffield and Birmingham.i am so not looking forward to the entrance exams aha
    Good luck with Oxford

I'm applying to Lancaster too which will be your firm if you get offers for all?

I'm applying for Biology with Psychology at Lancaster and Liverpool

ReputationRep:
    my maths teacher did maths and dance for her degree. which i thought was odd

ReputationRep:
    History and Politics. Applying to (in order of preference) Nottingham, York, Lancaster, Sussex and Leicester.
    Praying I'll get in... writing the personal statement is so tricky :/

(Original post by rajabilal)
    my maths teacher did maths and dance for her degree. which i thought was odd
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Russian (ab initio) and Sociology. Leeds is my main choice but only 3 unis offer it! :/

ReputationRep:
    Wow UCL nice that's quite an unusual combination too

English and Psychology; I'm applying at Winchester, Oxford Brookes, Keele and Gloucestershire ^^
    I guess it's an unusual combination in the sense that not a lot of uni's offer it, but (human) geography and economics overlap in so many areas. In fact, there's even a field called economic geography.

English and Psychology - now that's an unusual combination! Good luck with your application

ReputationRep:
    English Literature and History.

I was thinking earlier, does doing a joint give you an advantage or not? I mean, it must be harder to persuade two admission officers from two different subjects, rather than just the standard one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calamitysarah)
    I'm applying to Lancaster too which will be your firm if you get offers for all?

I'm applying for Biology with Psychology at Lancaster and Liverpool
    I'm really not sure - probably Sussex, or in fact Lancaster. In a way I just want to go to all of them! That sounds good

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.