Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I really need help cos im freaking out, i failed one module in my first year and am now having to retake the whole year except it will be as a natural scientist rather than biologyist.

will student finance pay for this????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smarty_kay)
    Hi,
    I really need help cos im freaking out, i failed one module in my first year and am now having to retake the whole year except it will be as a natural scientist rather than biologyist.

The usual rule is you get finance for the length of your course plus 1 extra year. But definitely ring them up to check!

ReputationRep:
    irony of OP's username

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fexysucker)
    irony of OP's username
    hardly ... im called smarty kay cos i like smarties. but whatever.. feel free to post total irrelevent things to my question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smarty_kay)
    Hi,

Almost certainly, yes. Students are entitled to one additional year of funding (their course length plus an extra year). So if your course is four years long you are entitled to five years. This can be extended further if you have a medical condition or disability which means you will take longer than a non-ill student to complete the degree. But even then there's a limit.

But, yes, even if you don't have a medical condition or disability you will usually get that additional year. Confirm this with Student Finance.

If you are repeating on a medical concession you usually won't have to pay tuition fees for the repeated year. But, if you don't have an approved concession, you usually do need to pay (in which case you can take a tuition fee loan).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    Almost certainly, yes. Students are entitled to one additional year of funding (their course length plus an extra year). So if your course is four years long you are entitled to five years. This can be extended further if you have a medical condition or disability which means you will take longer than a non-ill student to complete the degree. But even then there's a limit.

But, yes, even if you don't have a medical condition or disability you will usually get that additional year. Confirm this with Student Finance.

If you are repeating on a medical concession you usually won't have to pay tuition fees for the repeated year. But, if you don't have an approved concession, you usually do need to pay (in which case you can take a tuition fee loan).
    thank you sooo much!!!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.