Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How long is it usually between getting interview offer and the interview date?

ReputationRep:
    It depends, really... You can get as long as a month or two for some unis and a week for others...

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the university

Some don't give out offers until everyone is interviewed so it could be a while

ReputationRep:
    My friend had about 4 days (KCL)

it's best to slowly ease yourself into preparation by doing some every night before you get interviews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oggz)
    the OP was asking about how much notification they get prior to the interview date. No one hears about offers until everyone has been interviewed, that would be stupid.
    Not true - several medical schools run multiple cycles of interviews and offers. For example, I was interviewed by Nottingham in November and made an offer a few days later, but one of my friends got interviewed and made an offer in January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Not true - several medical schools run multiple cycles of interviews and offers. For example, I was interviewed by Nottingham in November and made an offer a few days later, but one of my friends got interviewed and made an offer in January.
    Hi, on the subject of interviews, is it likely that I'd be able to change my allocated interview date (if I get any that is)? I mean, I have the BMAT on November 2nd, but I've heard that Birmingham interview from mid-October onwards, so potentially I could get really lucky and unlucky in a sense. I guess it's part of the demands of a doctor's life, but if I was able to change it, it would be really useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Hi, on the subject of interviews, is it likely that I'd be able to change my allocated interview date (if I get any that is)? I mean, I have the BMAT on November 2nd, but I've heard that Birmingham interview from mid-October onwards, so potentially I could get really lucky and unlucky in a sense. I guess it's part of the demands of a doctor's life, but if I was able to change it, it would be really useful.
    Usually it's doable but pretty tough. However, given that a not-insignificant proportion of applicants will be sitting the BMAT, even if that university does not use it, I would imagine that sensible admissions departments would not schedule interviews for that day. If they do, you'll just have to contact them and hope they're feeling flexible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Usually it's doable but pretty tough. However, given that a not-insignificant proportion of applicants will be sitting the BMAT, even if that university does not use it, I would imagine that sensible admissions departments would not schedule interviews for that day. If they do, you'll just have to contact them and hope they're feeling flexible.
    It's not really 'that day', it's the week before, I don't want my preparation disturbed by having an interview. But thanks anyway!

ReputationRep:
    So when would people suggest we start preparation for interviews then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    It's not really 'that day', it's the week before, I don't want my preparation disturbed by having an interview. But thanks anyway!
    In that case, no, I think it is unlikely they will rearrange your interview so as not to interfere with your BMAT preparation. You have to organise yourself to minimise any potential impact of this.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 26, 2011

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.