The Student Room Group

Film and Television production - which course is the right one?

Hey guys,
I am going to apply for Film and Television Production Courses in the UK. I am originally from Germany so I am probably not that well informed as you are.
I already read a lot of threads and have now an idea about which Universities are quite good and which aren't but I noticed that a lot of the highly recommended Universities are only offering Film Production courses. And I am looking for a more creative than technical one, a BA and not a BSc.
My big dream is to be involved in the production of Movies and Television Series (I know that it is quite difficult to get there) so that is the reason why I am really looking for courses in which both is thaught.
I know that the University of Westminster is offering such a course for example but they require something like AAA and my german Abitur Average is only 2.5 which might be BBC if I compared it right. So if you know any Universities that are offering Film AND Television Production Courses and don't have that high entry requirements I would really appreciate your help.
And I read that at some Universities the entry requirements for mature students are different but I am not really sure if I fit into the category of a mature student. You have to be 21 for that, right? I am turning 21 next year in July so I am not sure if that is soon enough to be a mature student or if I have to be 21 during the application process.

So I hope that someone can help me a little with my questions :wink:
Hello!

I didn't study Film and Television, but I went to the University of Westminster to study Animation and met a lot of the Film and TV students who studied there and they were very happy with the course. I think it's more theory based than practical, but you do get a lot of hands on experience and a chance to make your own film/tv pilots and such.

Also students there tend to win a lot of awards and festivals!

I know the entry requirements seem high, but it would be worth contacting the university itself and even possibly the tutors - I got the impression from the university that if they are impressed with you and your work, rather than grades only, they'll still consider you :smile:

I hope that helps!
Reply 2
It does! Thanks!
Westminster is one University I am considering to applying for. I am going to write them an e-mail concerning the entry requirements. Hopefully there is still a chance for me...
I was thinking also about applying to Leeds, so if someone has some information about how studying there is like, that would be helpful too. I know there are already postings about it here but the more I can get the better :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending