Good looking Kings/Queens

Watch
theclash...
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
When looking at old pictures of previous Kings and Queens, quite a lot of them don't appear to be attractive at all.

Just wondering if there were any good looking Kings/Queens in the past, or was it just that people were more ugly then due to health and bad makeup ...

MorningElegance
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think we all know who you've forgotten...

... But seriously, if this was painted by artists who would've risked death to paint him as uglier than he was... then I see your point!
theclash...
Rep:
?
(Original post by MorningElegance)
I think we all know who you've forgotten...

... But seriously, if this was painted by artists who would've risked death to paint him as uglier than he was... then I see your point!
Haha! Well he was a good looking fellow wasn't he?

And I've been looking for a while and I just can't find anyone moderately good looking! From what you read of Anne Boleyn I thought she would be pretty but she was ugly too! What the hell
frc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Our current Queen was pretty hot in her day. Monarchs from longer ago, it's harder to tell. Depictions of them are of a certain style, not quite photo-realistic I'm sure.
theclash...
Rep:
?
(Original post by frc)
Our current Queen was pretty hot in her day. Monarchs from longer ago, it's harder to tell. Depictions of them are of a certain style, not quite photo-realistic I'm sure.
Haven't seen the Queen in her younger days tbh though haha :')

And actually supposedly the Kings/Queens told painters to paint them better looking than what they were so like airbrushing them. Which is quite shocking considering how ugly some of them look in the airbrushed copies!

Victoria and Albert I have to admit were an odd looking couple, google them
Classical Liberal
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They are inbred. They are bound to be ugly
theclash...
Rep:
?
(Original post by Classical Liberal)
They are inbred. They are bound to be ugly
Lol
Kash23
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Anne of Clev(age)s
_MizzTerious_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by theclash...)
When looking at old pictures of previous Kings and Queens, quite a lot of them don't appear to be attractive at all.

Just wondering if there were any good looking Kings/Queens in the past, or was it just that people were more ugly then due to health and bad makeup ...

:erm:
jj193
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They're all mongs.
The Dark Lord
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

The burger king has it all: a great tash, an incredible physique, and most importantly, a large quantity of chicken.
dnumberwang
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Have you seen the queen of Jordan?
Chav Princess
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by theclash...)

Most of those Tudor-style portraits are unflattering. You would need to see photographs on un-photographed monarchs to judge. Henry VIII was described as good looking in his youth.
theclash...
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chav Princess)
Most of those Tudor-style portraits are unflattering. You would need to see photographs on un-photographed monarchs to judge. Henry VIII was described as good looking in his youth.
Henry VIII seriously!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...yVIII_1509.jpg

Lol
CD2112
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Name:  louie.jpg
Views: 1905
Size:  25.0 KB

King Louie!
frc
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Chav Princess)

**** yea.
TheCaledonian
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Charles II was supposedly very handsome
EDIT: with regards to our current Queen then yes in her day she was quite a beautiful woman and there's a picture out there on the internet somewhere in which she is at a state banquet and the gentleman that she is talking to is staring at her cleavage
StarsAreFixed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Empress Sisi of the Austrian Hapsburgs was famously beautiful. Also very vain and is supposed to have developed anorexia and exercised fanatically.

Eleanor Duchess of Aquitaine, wife of Henry (II I believe) was also a famous beauty though seeing as she lived nearly a thousand years ago, difficult to ascertain.

Luckily there IS a perfect likeness of an ancient queen, Pharoah Nefertiti.

As for the UK reigning Queens, Elizabeth's I and II were beautiful in their youth, but there's little to be said for Mary I, Mary II, Anne and Victoria.
Lumos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

:sexface:
kka25
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by StarsAreFixed)

Empress Sisi of the Austrian Hapsburgs was famously beautiful. Also very vain and is supposed to have developed anorexia and exercised fanatically.

:eek:

wow she's gorgeous!

but it went downhill when I read that vain part.

Reading about her on wikipedia now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (97)
39.43%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.98%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.32%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.17%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.2%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.91%

Watched Threads