Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    KT

ReputationRep:
    Just leave it a bit.
    Probably best to let her settle in to this new job you speak of, and then perhaps after a month, casually strike up conversation by being like "Sooo... how's the new job going?"

Don't force getting back together with her though... It could end badly. x

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's a "set time" you should wait before trying to win her back, but I think it's something you have to do to stop yourself always wondering "what if...." and if it doesn't work, then it's better you know so that you can start to try and move on. If the only reason she gave you was her new job, then I'd perhaps give her a little longer to really settle in. I've started a new job recently and I'm definitely finding it stressful but it's definitely getting easier (and that's only 6 weeks in). I would definitely keep in contact with her though. Obviously you don't want to hound her with messages etc, but giving her a text every few days just to keep conversation going is fine I think. You don't want her to feel pressured as this will just stress her out further, but I think you need to try and convince her that it is possible to balance the job and the relationship. If she doesn't respond or she doesn't seem as if she's willing to talk a little, then I think you need to have a proper big chat about things- it's not fair for you to keep hanging around hoping if she's not going to change her mind!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will_etheridge)
    Thanks for the advice!
    I am also abit scared that she has found someone else... or has done something stupid with someone else since the break-up... Is that just a rebound or might she have dumped me for someone else? I don't know if there is someone else but I feel there might be..
    That's exactly why I would not contact her. It'll make you ill clinging on to something that just isn't there any more. And you'll be even more destroyed if you find out she's met someone else.

She has ended it and it's down to her to get in touch with you now. I know it's tough as you've been in a long term relationship, but she obviously needs space and time to herself.

It's up to you whether you hang around waiting for her or think about moving on by going out with your mates and enjoying yourself.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.