Turn on thread page Beta

Pah Calories! What a joke. watch

Announcements

All these threads about did you so and so has this many calories and etc make me just want to say

EAT AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE AND AS MANY CALORIES AS YOU WANT!

As long as you exercise it off, it doesn't matter!!!!

My proof;

Michael Phelps

"He starts off his day by three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise.
    He follows that up with two cups of coffee, a five-egg omelet, a bowl of grits, three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar and three chocolate-chip pancakes.

At lunch, Phelps gobbles up a pound of enriched pasta and two large ham and cheese sandwiches slathered with mayo on white bread - capping off the meal by chugging about 1,000 calories worth of energy drinks.

For dinner, Phelps really loads up on the carbs - what he needs to give him plenty of energy for his five-hours-a-day, six-days-a-week regimen - with a pound of pasta and an entire pizza.

Then he "washes all that down with another 1,000 calories worth of energy drinks." That's a grand total of 4,000 calories a day."

Now the next time you see people getting all hyped and saying things like "omg I just eat 200 calories worth of food..."

Just remember the above.

Edit Lol this is scientifically proven. Pressing the neg rep button wont change it

ReputationRep:
    What you're forgetting is the salt/fat/saturated fat contents of the food. You can't simply eat as many burgers as you like: even if you burn them off, the saturated fat is going to end up clogging yer veins and giving you a heart attack. Duh.

ReputationRep:
    That's all well and good but I'm gonna assume most people can't do 5 hours intense exercise 6 days a week...

(Original post by crustz)
    What you're forgetting is the salt/fat/saturated fat contents of the food. You can't simply eat as many burgers as you like: even if you burn them off, the saturated fat is going to end up clogging yer veins and giving you a heart attack. Duh.
    Duh...do you know thats exactly what Michael Phelps eats? And he is RIPPED and healthy. So don't say "duh" as I have actual evidence to back my statement up.

ReputationRep:
    Except most people don't exercise for 5 hours a day, 6 days a week. Nor do they have time to.

ReputationRep:
    You can't really compare us to an olympic athlete now can you.

ReputationRep:
    I challenge you to eat as much as an Olympic swimmer while being a full time student and maintain your weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crustz)
    This.

**** calorie counting, I just eat as much healthy food as I like and exercise.

ReputationRep:
    What has been achieved by the posting of this thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    All these threads about did you so and so has this many calories and etc make me just want to say

My proof;

Michael Phelps

"He starts off his day by three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise.
    He follows that up with two cups of coffee, a five-egg omelet, a bowl of grits, three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar and three chocolate-chip pancakes.

At lunch, Phelps gobbles up a pound of enriched pasta and two large ham and cheese sandwiches slathered with mayo on white bread - capping off the meal by chugging about 1,000 calories worth of energy drinks.

For dinner, Phelps really loads up on the carbs - what he needs to give him plenty of energy for his five-hours-a-day, six-days-a-week regimen - with a pound of pasta and an entire pizza.

Then he "washes all that down with another 1,000 calories worth of energy drinks." That's a grand total of 4,000 calories a day."

Now the next time you see people getting all hyped and saying things like "omg I just eat 200 calories worth of food..."

Just remember the above.
    Hell yeah! Amen to that.

(Original post by edd360)
    What has been achieved by the posting of this thread?
    It makes people think twice and informs you.
    (Original post by theclash...)
    Hell yeah! Amen to that.
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    It is so wasteful to eat that much food, even if you do burn it off. Completely unnecessary amount of food unless it's your job.

ReputationRep:
    The thing about calories is it is a simple way of working out what's going in and what's being burned off. So long as more calories are burned than consumed you'll lose weight. We don't do five hour intense workouts a day so for us mere mortals it's just a simple way of not overeating.

And why the hell would anyone eat 200 calories anyway?

(Original post by ArtGoblin)
    It is so wasteful to eat that much food, even if you do burn it off. Completely unnecessary amount of food unless it's your job.
    Yeah well at least he "eats" it some people just throw away food. Makes me sick.

ReputationRep:

i want to eat 10,000 cals a day

no way in HELL would i be able to exercise that off

ReputationRep:

My proof;

Michael Phelps

Just remember the above.

and lol, im sorry but all that crap is not 4000 cals a day

ReputationRep:
    I swear that's more than 4,000 calories in Phelps's diet :erm: There are 2,000 from drinks alone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    I swear that's more than 4,000 calories in Phelps's diet :erm: There are 2,000 from drinks alone!
    its not 4,000 cals, its 10,000 cals

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7562840.stm

That combination may not sound very healthy, and at a staggering 10,000 calories, would feed five average men for a day.

ReputationRep:
    That aside.
    You still need some form of fruit and veg.
    That 'diet' is extremely unhealthy.

ReputationRep:
    oh and he works out for 5 hours a day burning 1000 cals an hour

OP is fail, the average person will never be like that, even arnie used to only burn 2000 cals in a 4 hour workout (500 cals an hour)

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.