The Student Room Group

Market Research

Hi,

I am currently studying for a coaching diploma and I am doing some market research around my ideas for a niche. Being a graduate looking back to my Uni and college days I would have really benefited from having a coach to support me through certain issues. I was wondering if I could get some views on this. I want to know if this service was made available to students whether it would be considered useful and would students be willing to pay for it? As a coach I know the value of coaching but it is not something that can be sold. Clients must be looking for results.

Thank you in advance

Sam :smile:
Reply 1
Hi Sam,

A "coaching system" is common practice in the Netherlands (for HBO students), usually every 8 weeks students are asked to hand in self-evaluations and do other assignments in certain cases. Pretty much everyone I have spoken to considers it an utter waste of time.

I think a coaching system is useful, but not in the manner it's implemented over there - there is such a thing as too much self-evaluation.

Personally I find that making study-groups more appealing and fun is useful, but I dont know if that is what you mean.

Kind regards,
Linda

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending