Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for putting the thread in "Society". Couldn't think of anywhere else to put it.

Me and a couple friends went into the Apple shop because one of my mates wanted to get his shuffle replaced. There was a long queue so me and my other friend went onto one of the Macbooks while we were waiting. We were on it for about 30 seconds until a security guard walked past us and said "go away". I thought I mis-heard him and my friend wasn't paying attention. After about a minute he came back and barged us both out of the way and started "using" the Mac. We both had no idea what happened so we both just waited by the checkout area until my mate was done.

I was bemused at how we were treated and I think he thought we were gonna try and run away with the Mac or something. It's not like we went inside to mess about and we weren't exactly dressed provocatively. If anything we had a legitimate reason to be using the Mac unlike half of the people in there. Are they always like this?

ReputationRep:
    Gosh how rude :gasp:

ReputationRep:
    If Apple employees are anything like their products, they probably just think they are better than they actually are...

was the security guard nigerian or eastern european?

5people have no sense of humour, i'm nigerian myself and see nothing wrong with the joke

now 7..

ReputationRep:
    I got kicked out of the O2 store in Harrogate once, one of the staff said to me "You're not going to buy an iPhone so get out". Well, I certainly wouldn't have after that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Dark Lord)
    If Apple employees are anything like their products, they probably just think they are better than they actually are...
    :laugh:

(Original post by TheEssence)
    was the security guard nigerian or eastern european?
    Wait... What? :mmm:

Eastern European...

ReputationRep:
    So one apple employee was rude and you are questioning why they are all rude? You best be thankful it wasn't a black person who was rude to you otherwise this thread could have got you in a lot of trouble...

(Original post by I Persia I)
    :laugh:

Wait... What? :mmm:

Eastern European...
    haha i knew it

ReputationRep:
    Haven't Apple been kicking people off Macbooks in their stores recently if they're using facebook or something? That was over the summer at least...

ReputationRep:
    The staff in the Glasgow one are decent!! I was in with friends one time looking at the iPads when they were new, and a guy came over to show us one of the games on it. None of us had any intention of buying one, and I don't think any of us said we did. Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edd360)
    So one apple employee was rude and you are questioning why they are all rude? You best be thankful it wasn't a black person who was rude to you otherwise this thread could have got you in a lot of trouble...
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulbasaur)
    :lolwut:
    what would the thread title have been if that was the case?

ReputationRep:
    Lol at some of the comments on here. Nearly everyone pisses about on these apple products. Nonetheless pissing about does make sales occcasionally and the OP shouldn't have been treated like that. Never happened to me before. OP should complain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edd360)
    what would the thread title have been if that was the case?
    It may well stay the same; considering people are as bigoted about eastern europeans as black people nowadays anyway...

ReputationRep:
    Should be "why was Apple Store employee rude" to be honest. As to that, the majority of the people going into the security business at that level are essentially trained in professional *******ry.

ReputationRep:
    Apple Store security guards aren't employees. They're an outsourced security company.

ReputationRep:
    They are not rude in anyway. You have no right to play with the macs. Can I come to your house and use things just like that?

ReputationRep:
    Meh, the one in the Arndale (Manchester) usually tells you you've got 15 minutes if he sees you on Facebook/Emailing.

ReputationRep:
    That's so rude!

I met a nice Apple employee once though. Went with my friend to get her iPhone fixed, he told me he liked my phone (HTC Desire) and started discussing how good it was. Bit of a traitor to Apple but a nice guy!

ReputationRep:
    The way Apple look at it, it's their store. They just invite you in.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.