Turn on thread page Beta

I was just wondering if anyone out there knows what i should do or is in a similar situation.

I've been with my boyfriend for almost 6years, we're still only young (20 and 21). We both want children, but not now, in like 6 years at the earliest! We sleep together regularly, and for the last 4 years or so, we haven't used protection, yes i know this is stupid, i'm not here to be lectured on how stupid we are. However, he has never ever ejaculated inside me, so this minimises the chance of me getting pregnant, although its still ridiculously risky.

Anyway, i was talking to friends about it the other day, and realised that we can't be that lucky for me to not have gotten pregnant. I've been looking at going to the doctor, but most websites say that you have to have been actively trying to conceive for a year before they will run tests on either of you.

Does anyone think its worth us going to the doctors to see what they'll do? I have no other reason to think either of us is infertile, i have regular periods (although typically they are every 5 to 5 and a 1/2 weeks, and do seem to be much heavier than most others).

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm surprised you haven't gotten pregnant so far.

Anyway, if you are having regular periods, then I would say that the problem is with your partner.

Your best getting a doctor to check you both out

ReputationRep:
    If he's never ejaculated inside you then the doctors will do nothing but lecture you about the importance of contraception and send you away. You seem to be giving mixed messages here - you don't want children yet, and you're not trying, but you want to see a doctor about why you're not getting pregnant?

ReputationRep:
    You will not get any tests done on the NHS in these circumstances.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.