Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been growing my hair for about two years now, so don't suggest short hair :P I'm mostly just asking about my fringe, and what I should do with it. I'm completely stuck.

Also, anyone suggest a colour that might suit me? I've been lightening my hair with the John Frieda spray, and I quite like how its ocme out (not sure you can tell with the quality of the picture...) so do you think all over blonde would suit me?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Dark brown hair will make your eyes really stand out, and I think you should get a side fringe (not a full fringe) my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackshadow)
    Hottt!!11!1!

Oh, and purple
    Don't think purple is really my colour!

(Original post by FunkeyMunkey)
    Dark brown hair will make your eyes really stand out, and I think you should get a side fringe (not a full fringe) my opinion
    Thanks What sort of side fringe though? COuld you link to a picture?

ReputationRep:

This style ^

This colour ^

If thats too wild maybe this

Post a pic when you get a haircut

ReputationRep:
    I like it as it is, but maybe with a bit more volume. So add some sort of curls or something.

ReputationRep:
    Rachel Bilson's hair looks really good in that pic.

You could always book a free consultation at a salon and get some professional ideas of what will suit your skin tone and face shape?

ReputationRep:

You are preeeetty like Diane Kruger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FunkeyMunkey)
    [IMG][/IMG]

This style ^
    I think this would look great on you
    It looks from the picture like your natural parting is on the left though, so remember to get the fringe cut the other way round if you do go with that

Personally, I wouldn't go as dark as Rachel Bilson in that picture if I were you, because shades that dark can be very hard to work with if you want to dye your hair lighter again at some point in the future (I know this from personal experience - After dying my hair dark brown, I've had a nightmare trying to lighten it. I've gone through packs and packs of light brown hair dye and it's still not what I'd call 'mid-brown'. I think you would suit brown hair, but maybe a rich brown colour? I think this colour is really nice (the picture on the right)

Or are you not too keen on brown?

ReputationRep:
    I think a side fringe would look lovely, make sure you have a really deep parting so it crosses most of your forehead (if that makes sense). I think you'd suit a few highlights- nothing too dramatic, but a few around the face maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boobies.)
    Or are you not too keen on brown?
    I have dyed my hair brown before, but I think I might have gone a bit dark, because it did make me look a bit washed out. I'm probably just wary of doing it again haha! But its definitely something to consider.

(Original post by Georgiahoneybee)
    I think a side fringe would look lovely, make sure you have a really deep parting so it crosses most of your forehead (if that makes sense). I think you'd suit a few highlights- nothing too dramatic, but a few around the face maybe.

I found this picture when I was searching, does anyone think the colour and style would suit me? I know its completely different to whats been suggested, but I just like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twelve)
    I have dyed my hair brown before, but I think I might have gone a bit dark, because it did make me look a bit washed out. I'm probably just wary of doing it again haha! But its definitely something to consider.

I found this picture when I was searching, does anyone think the colour and style would suit me? I know its completely different to whats been suggested, but I just like it

I think colour and style would look fab! It seems like the texture/wave of her hair there is similar to the picture you've posted. I think the colour would really really suit you- if you do have that many highlights though, you're really committing to the colour. Maybe start off with a few and see how you like them before going for the plunge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiahoneybee)
    I think colour and style would look fab! It seems like the texture/wave of her hair there is similar to the picture you've posted. I think the colour would really really suit you- if you do have that many highlights though, you're really committing to the colour. Maybe start off with a few and see how you like them before going for the plunge?
    I think thats what made me like it so much - there's a good chance my hair would actually look like that once it was cut haha. Yeahh, I'm a bit nervous about soo many highlights, but I'd have to wait a while anyway I think - apparently the go blonder spray I have been using wrecks your hair, and you have to wait aaaages after using it to be able to dye it...

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.