Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I went to the doctors this morning because the past month or so I've been having a lot of pain in my lower right abdomen but she told me to just keep an eye on it because I wasn't feeling any tenderness.. But tonight it's got 100% worse I'm getting the sharp pain a lot more frequently .. I have been really constipated for an entire week and now I have an upset stomach and now I don't know what to do :/

ReputationRep:
    If it is appendicitis then it's only a relatively small procedure and you'll never have to worry about pain there ever again..go to emergency asap. Get rid of this now never delay serious things.

ReputationRep:
    If you're concerned, ring your out of hours service (via your GP's phone number - it either redirects you or gives you the right number to call) or NHS Direct/24. If 111 has been introduced to your area, you could call them - it's for urgent but not 999-type medical advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    I went to the doctors this morning because the past month or so I've been having a lot of pain in my lower right abdomen but she told me to just keep an eye on it because I wasn't feeling any tenderness.. But tonight it's got 100% worse I'm getting the sharp pain a lot more frequently .. I have been really constipated for an entire week and now I have an upset stomach and now I don't know what to do :/
    Go to the A&E if it hurts a lot. SERIOUSLY. Take someone with you too.

I had appendicitis a few years back and all they do is a quick-ish operation to remove it. If it wasn't appendicitis, then it doesn't matter. You don't really NEED your appendix.

But like I said, A&E is your best option. ASAP.

Hope you get better x

ReputationRep:
    You really need to get this checked out asap. Even if it's not appendicitis, it could be something else and you should get any severe pains checked out immediately. At the very least, call NHS Direct or something.

ReputationRep:
    As above. Go to A&E. Get well soon. x

ReputationRep:
    I called the out of hours, then a nurse called and now I'm waiting for an appointment for the out of hours :'(

ReputationRep:
    I called the out of hours, then a nurse called and now I'm waiting for an appointment for the out of hours :'(
    How's it going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomas2)
    How's it going?
    Currently in A&E ... Had bloods taken gotta have an x ray then e taken up to the surgeons ward.. Praying though that they see me straight away can't handle over night!!

ReputationRep:
    Currently in A&E ... Had bloods taken gotta have an x ray then e taken up to the surgeons ward.. Praying though that they see me straight away can't handle over night!!
    Best of luck, hope everything turns out okay x

ReputationRep:
    Oh no!

Hope you get well soon

ReputationRep:
    On TSR at the hospital? :lolwut:

You're a boss! You will be fine. :afro:

Get well soon. Probably the first time I saw someone make a thread about something so serious on TSR's H&R Forum and they actually got off thier ass and sought help as opposed to just whine. Well done for taking action.

ReputationRep:
    I had my appendix out when I was 15. It's really fine, it's such a tiny op and it hurt for like... 2 days afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. Back home.. Isn't appendicitis said the only thing it could be and sounds like is an ovarian cyst. He wanted to keep me in and if it didn't improve to get me a scan but I'd rather be in my own bed... Said I can go back straight to the ward if it gets worse.. And they often only treat ovarian cysts with painkillers anyway so yeah... Gonna try get some sleep .

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.