Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Good evening all,

As many of you will know, I have posted on this forum in regards to a career in the Royal Air Force.
    Last september, I undertook the AST, which didn't go well - I failed on 13 marks to make the minimum grade for WSOp.

So, last week - I went for my latest eye test - which produced some excellent results (for me personally) .

I was told that my eyesight had improved (from 6/18 in my right eye to 6/10 correctable to 6/5 and my left eye had stayed the same at 6/5 - correctable to 6/4).

I am chuffed and slightly relieved, especially to hear my astigmatism had decreased due to temporary glasses.

So, I've been in contact with my local RN AFCO and they have called me forward to have a chat about the role of Observer, and to possibly take the recruit test within the next few weeks - depending on how the initial discussion goes.

Does anyone know what the score required to pass is for the RN Recruit test, i'm presuming (and I stand to be corrected) that it will be around the same principles as the AST?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and i'm not expecting people to spoonfeed me information at any point. I am still looking on google and this forum as we speak for extra info into the RN Tests.

Cheers.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by NDW2009)
    Does anyone know what the score required to pass is for the RN Recruit test,
    Really - what does that matter? You sit the test, you either pass it or fail it. You don't aim for a mark - you do your best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDW2009)
    Good evening all,

As many of you will know, I have posted on this forum in regards to a career in the Royal Air Force.
    Last september, I undertook the AST, which didn't go well - I failed on 13 marks to make the minimum grade for WSOp.

So, last week - I went for my latest eye test - which produced some excellent results (for me personally) .

I was told that my eyesight had improved (from 6/18 in my right eye to 6/10 correctable to 6/5 and my left eye had stayed the same at 6/5 - correctable to 6/4).

I am chuffed and slightly relieved, especially to hear my astigmatism had decreased due to temporary glasses.

So, I've been in contact with my local RN AFCO and they have called me forward to have a chat about the role of Observer, and to possibly take the recruit test within the next few weeks - depending on how the initial discussion goes.

Does anyone know what the score required to pass is for the RN Recruit test, i'm presuming (and I stand to be corrected) that it will be around the same principles as the AST?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and i'm not expecting people to spoonfeed me information at any point. I am still looking on google and this forum as we speak for extra info into the RN Tests.

Cheers.
    Just have a look at psychometric tests on the internet. You have to be a real biff to fail, that having been said I struggled with a few aspects! Some of it is part common sense, e.g. if Cog A turns this way and Cog B turns that way, which way does Cog C turn? But some of it is more knowledge, like which wire is the earth wire in a plug, which kind of tool you'd use for certain carpentry jobs etc. Much as I hate to admit it, the RAF seems to be the only one of the three that actually has a decent practice session available online, you can find it with a quick google. The Andrew will send you a practice booklet and a covering letter, both of which are worth reading. Out of about 15 of us, 2 blokes failed and the rest passed. PM me if you need any further pointers.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.