Turn on thread page Beta

noisy neighbours watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    moved in early, noone was here, slowly ppl moved in but not in my apartment area, finally someone moved in, a chinese guy...who seems to have vanished as ive not seen him in over a week. Then a guy moved in, seemed quiet.....how wrong I was, music constantly plays from his room, and lastnight....Sunday..the day before the 1st day of uni...he had music pumping out of his room so loud ppl up the road must have been able to hear it, then at about 230am he decided to put a film on until 5am....because of that **** i got to a lecture late, he clearly knew what he was doing as he isnt a fresher,hes a 3rd yr, and am not against parties or even loud music but at that time,god no!! anybody else had similar probs?

ReputationRep:
    Wait until he brings a girl over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickth)
    Wait until he brings a girl over
    thats a different matter

knock on his door and tell him... don't have it from him...

ReputationRep:
    one of my flatmates is doing similar to this. except its not that loud but they seem to be playing with the volume for like 30 minutes at a time it goes to like 11 then maybe 6 then back up to 9 then down to 3 then up to 7 the back to 11 then maybe 3 again etc

if only they could make up their mind

ReputationRep:
    Just go and buy some bigger speakers and play whatever song he has on backwards. Itl totally cancel his noise out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britishgoose01)
    moved in early, noone was here, slowly ppl moved in but not in my apartment area, finally someone moved in, a chinese guy...who seems to have vanished as ive not seen him in over a week. Then a guy moved in, seemed quiet.....how wrong I was, music constantly plays from his room, and lastnight....Sunday..the day before the 1st day of uni...he had music pumping out of his room so loud ppl up the road must have been able to hear it, then at about 230am he decided to put a film on until 5am....because of that **** i got to a lecture late, he clearly knew what he was doing as he isnt a fresher,hes a 3rd yr, and am not against parties or even loud music but at that time,god no!! anybody else had similar probs?
    that sounds awful. I think I got the same problem before during my pre-uni. My former roommate like to talk a lot and I couldn't sleep because he kept on talking and talking about random stuff lol. Then I got used to it and fell asleep instantly once he opened his mouth. I was actually looking forward for him to speak so I could sleep better haha

ReputationRep:
    Stupid Citeh!

United all the way.

ReputationRep:
    talk to him. explain to him in a friendly manner that loud music btween midnight and 8am on sunday - thursday nights is unacceptable.

if he doesn't comply, report him to the resident tutor.

ReputationRep:
    The music issue itself isnt a problem, just the timing. Bring it up with him to listen either through headphones or turn it down say after 11pm Sunday to thursday.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.