Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!! I wanted to know if there was any way that i can download youtube vids for free?? I googled it but im affraid i might land on the wrong website and end up inviting viruses to attack my laptop!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    You can, I ******** all my music from youtube, 320kbps CD quality

If you want to know how inbox me

ReputationRep:
    Do you want to download the videos or convert video files into mp3?

If you want to just download the videos then download Real Player and during installation make sure you tick the box that says "Video Downloader" (or something along those lines). Then, when you go onto Youtube and move your mouse over the video, you should see a little sign in the corner of the video that allows you to download the video.

This is a perfectly legal and legitimate method.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelhaych)
    Do you want to download the videos or convert video files into mp3?

If you want to just download the videos then download Real Player and during installation make sure you tick the box that says "Video Downloader" (or something along those lines). Then, when you go onto Youtube and move your mouse over the video, you should see a little sign in the corner of the video that allows you to download the video.

This is a perfectly legal and legitimate method.

Thank you! what if i want to convert them into mp3 files????

ReputationRep:
    Get DownloadHelper plugin for Firefox. Not only does it download them but can also convert into mp3 etc.

ReputationRep:
    there are loads of sites, like vixy.net. you'd be doing it already if you'd just googled it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suri)
    Legally purchase it from an approved vendor (saving myself from more warning points here).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suri)
    RealPlayer can do that for you I believe.

ReputationRep:
    I have various Firefox plugins that I use for downloading and converting flash videos.

However I second what Michael said - you should really be buying the music from somewhere legit - Amazon often have mp3 tracks for 49p, and sometimes buying the album on CD is cheaper than the MP3 version!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suri)
    Hi!! I wanted to know if there was any way that i can download youtube vids for free?? I googled it but im affraid i might land on the wrong website and end up inviting viruses to attack my laptop!

Thanks!
    I have an app that does that on my phone called tubemate if that helps. Not sure about on a computer but I'm sure you could quickly find out the best ones by searching Google

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.