Turn on thread page Beta

Have you found a wallet in london today? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Have you found a wallet today?

Were you in London?

I lost my wallet today on any one of the four London Underground trains that I took this morning of September 26th 2011 or on a First Great Western train en route to London Paddington (also this morning)

It is a wallet with a series of cards, a few lottery tickets and reciepts and my driving licence

It is like a funny kind of material and has a Marvel Comic print all over it.

The items in my wallet go by the name of Jonathan Ettienne-Warner or J.Ettienne-Warner

I know TSR has a wide audience of people and hopefully with any luck someone who uses TSR may have found it. I am going to ring up the series of train stations tomorrow but thought maybe some lay person in London may have seen it.

If you have found it can you please post here and let me know. I would be very grateful if you could do so and if you still have it for some reason :erm:

Agree a place to meet and hand it over please. I will offer a reward for anyone who does unite me with my wallet. This is a great inconvenience

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Finders Keepers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robertlol)
    Finders Keepers.
    Of what a nice wallet and some soon to be cancelled Debit Cards with a drivers licence that is useless to you? :lolwut:

Shut up meight! I want serious stuff here.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with that.

ReputationRep:
    Of what a nice wallet and some soon to be cancelled Debit Cards with a drivers licence that is useless to you?
    I don't think he actually has your wallet.

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a long shot, but I suppose a lot of people do frequent these forums. I suppose all you can do really is contact Lost and Found at the station(s) and your local police. Have you had a thorough look around the surrounding area of each station? Some people would just take the money out of your wallet and then dump it, having no need for any of your cards etc. Hope you manage to get reunited with your wallet

ReputationRep:
    This is the very definition of a long shot.

TFL has a lost and found department, I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j_pratt_2003)
    I don't think he actually has your wallet.
    :laugh:

LOL I know that. :rofl:

I'm just sayin that it wouldn't be of much use for anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    If I were to find a wallet I would hand it into the station guard or the police station.
    If somebody has taken your wallet home with them and is sat looking at tsr they probably have no intention of returning it.

That said if I had lost mine I would probably be employing every search method I could too.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, good luck!

I remember losing my purse on my 17th birthday. I was drunk and dropped it whilst jumping over a fence in the rain. I went on Facebook the following day to see a friend request and a subsequent message from a guy who had found my purse and he wanted to give it back. There are definitely still some decent people in the world! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you'd definitely get it back...in London

ReputationRep:
    If you guys have mates in London , please tell them and ask around please if you can. You don't have to but it will be nice.

(Original post by Disenchanted)
    Bit of a long shot, but I suppose a lot of people do frequent these forums. I suppose all you can do really is contact Lost and Found at the station(s) and your local police. Have you had a thorough look around the surrounding area of each station? Some people would just take the money out of your wallet and then dump it, having no need for any of your cards etc. Hope you manage to get reunited with your wallet
    Thanks

What can the Police do btw? Im confused it isn't like someone nicked it off me as far as I know. So many people brush against you in train stations who knows they probably tapped me on the bum with thier bags and my wallet dropped out amongst other scenarios of course. :erm:

I nearly knocked this silly old cow onto the track this morning. Well if she fell it would have been her fault and any witness would say so. At least if she had , she wouldn't be so rude

*ahem* Annnywayyyys. I will do.
    (Original post by geetar)
    This is the very definition of a long shot.

TFL has a lost and found department, I think.
    I won't deny it guys .....it is a real long shot. I am gonna ring tfl tomorrow but they don't recieve lost property until 3 or so days after the station recieves it so I may be better off calling the terminus stations tbh and looking around College too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyJunkIsYou)
    If I were to find a wallet I would hand it into the station guard or the police station.
    If somebody has taken your wallet home with them and is sat looking at tsr they probably have no intention of returning it.

That said if I had lost mine I would probably be employing every search method I could too.
    I would do so too tbh. Lot easier to reunite with its owner.

:lol: That was funny. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smirnoff)
    What can the Police do btw? Im confused it isn't like someone nicked it off me as far as I know. So many people brush against you in train stations who knows they probably tapped me on the bum with thier bags and my wallet dropped out amongst other scenarios of course. :erm:
    If an honest person were to have found it then you'd imagine they would hand it in to the local police, so then when you contact them saying you've had a wallet go missing they'll be able to let you know if one was handed in or not. There's nothing they can actually do to find it though really If you don't find it then it's not the end of the world, everything can be replaced - although driving licences can be costly (as my friend knows when she lost her purse drunkenly!) It might be a good idea in the future to carry your wallet in a zipped up/buttoned pocket, or in a kind of satchel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    Aww, good luck!

I remember losing my purse on my 17th birthday. I was drunk and dropped it whilst jumping over a fence in the rain. I went on Facebook the following day to see a friend request and a subsequent message from a guy who had found my purse and he wanted to give it back. There are definitely still some decent people in the world! :yes:
    awww thats nice.

thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smirnoff)
    If you guys have mates in London , please tell them and ask around please if you can. You don't have to but it will be nice.

Thanks

I nearly knocked this silly old cow onto the track this morning. Well if she fell it would have been her fault and any witness would say so. At least if she had , she wouldn't be so rude

*ahem* Annnywayyyys. I will do.

I won't deny it guys .....it is a real long shot. I am gonna ring tfl tomorrow but they don't recieve lost property until 3 or so days after the station recieves it so I may be better off calling the terminus stations tbh and looking around College too.
    LOL she probably stole your wallet when she bumped into you.

ReputationRep:
    I hope you do find it! :console:
    But my advice would be to cancel your debit/credit cards now if you haven't done so already! You'll get a new one dispatched to you in the post a few days later! It's not worth the risk as really no one can be trully trusted these days....

Ps. You have a cool middle name

ReputationRep:
    The good news is I found your wallet, the bad news is I lost the cash inside it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Disenchanted)
    If an honest person were to have found it then you'd imagine they would hand it in to the local police, so then when you contact them saying you've had a wallet go missing they'll be able to let you know if one was handed in or not. There's nothing they can actually do to find it though really If you don't find it then it's not the end of the world, everything can be replaced - although driving licences can be costly (as my friend knows when she lost her purse drunkenly!) It might be a good idea in the future to carry your wallet in a zipped up/buttoned pocket, or in a kind of satchel.
    Ahh I see. I got a few cop shops to ring then.

Wanna hear the worst part?

It was in a buttoned pocket...... my arse pocket but I just forgot to button it it seems. :sad:

(Original post by mogambo)
    I hope you do find it! :console:
    But my advice would be to cancel your debit/credit cards now if you haven't done so already! You'll get a new one dispatched to you in the post a few days later! It's not worth the risk as really no one can be trully trusted these days....

Ps. You have a cool middle name
    Thanks

I guess I will then. Damn! Got soo many banks to ring as well. :erm:

If you think that's a good middle name then when you find out my real middle name you will get an orgasm.

LOL no. That's my surname. I have a double-barrel surname.
    (Original post by simstar88)
    LOL she probably stole your wallet when she bumped into you.
    Hope not but I kind of doubt it to be honest , the silly cow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    The good news is I found your wallet, the bad news is I lost the cash inside it.
    Jokes on you........ I had no cash in it :smug:

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.