Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Please please can someone help me with this.
    I was meant to get my student finance on the 21st, but I haven't recieved it. It has now transpired that my student finance has been paid, but into a different account to the one it said it was going into on my confirmation letters. The problem is that there is some random account number and sort code online and thats where my money has gone, but I have no idea what it is as I definitley gave them my correct details! I can't change it either!
    I've been trying to ring finance all day but have been unable to get through, apart from a few times where they confirmed my bank details were different to the ones supplied on my declaration, but my phone ran out of credit because I had been on hold for so long.
    I have no idea what to do, or how this could have happened. Does anyone have any experience/could tell me what to do next? I definitley gave them the right details.

ReputationRep:
    woah thats not right? are you in halls? if so go to reception and use their phone ... DO NOT STOP ... keep ringing until you get an answer and resolution to this.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen a couple of threads like this, me thinks there are some fraudsters out there nicking it mabye ?

Dont worry keep phoning you will get your money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feverrobotics)
    Please please can someone help me with this.
    I was meant to get my student finance on the 21st, but I haven't recieved it. It has now transpired that my student finance has been paid, but into a different account to the one it said it was going into on my confirmation letters. The problem is that there is some random account number and sort code online and thats where my money has gone, but I have no idea what it is as I definitley gave them my correct details! I can't change it either!
    I've been trying to ring finance all day but have been unable to get through, apart from a few times where they confirmed my bank details were different to the ones supplied on my declaration, but my phone ran out of credit because I had been on hold for so long.
    I have no idea what to do, or how this could have happened. Does anyone have any experience/could tell me what to do next? I definitley gave them the right details.
    Babe, you're a victim of a phishing email that told you to ''update your student finance details'' like me. I stupidly entered my details and fraudsters changed my bank account details on the student finance site. I was supposed to get paid on the 19th September 2011. I called up student finance and at first they were very cynical saying my bank account details had been changed to my ''original details'' as the fraudsters managed to change my bank details from previous payments also. After a few days of emailing/phoning them, they are still investigating and have now suspected fraud. They have managed to backdate the payment that was sent to the fraudster account also. Its all been a long ****ing process and you know how student finance are slow to process anything. . They better pay me this week!! Anyway, email this guy Trevor Dyson he's a student finance assessor and has been such a help to my case and speeding things up. ([email protected]). Keep phoning in the mean time and good luck x

ReputationRep:
    hi how long did they take to investigate? and after how many days was your money returned to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rbegum)
    hi how long did they take to investigate? and after how many days was your money returned to you
    This thread is two and a half years old. If you check the OP's post history, they haven't posted on TSR for nearly two years (at which time they were at uni so hopefully the issue was resolved), so they're unlikely to reply.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.