Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    From this thread on Are you Afraid of Sharks?- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=34213572

An very interesting point came up. One person (who hopefully won't mind me making this thread! Apologies if you do!) made this statement-

"Am Asian, and whilst I am not in support of it, yes. My parents force-fed me it when I was younger to 'help stimulate the growth of my brain"

When asked if they had/would ever consume shark.

Question time

Do your families/friends/ and yourself believe Shark fin stimulates brain growth and what is the general consensus about the consuming of it?

I always though Shark fin soup was only consumed for 'status' reasons, which would explain why its served at weddings etc. But this has made me realise theres a lot more to it...!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Please! Anyone?

Would be much appreciated. Even if its a 'no never heard about it'

ReputationRep:
    I'm Thai and I've never heard of it, although I did move over from Thailand when I was four so that might be why.

I probably wouldn't eat shark, I saw this awful video of a shark being finned once and that would probably put me off ever eating it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vittle)
    I'm Thai and I've never heard of it, although I did move over from Thailand when I was four so that might be why.

I probably wouldn't eat shark, I saw this awful video of a shark being finned once and that would probably put me off ever eating it.
    Thanks for replying So I guess your parents have never mentioned or force fed you it!

Good stuff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diving_queen)
    Thanks for replying So I guess your parents have never mentioned or force fed you it!

Good stuff!
    No problem Nope, not that I can think of!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.