Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know of anything? Nutritious as well if possible, but cheap is preferable.

ReputationRep:
    9p Tesco super noodles? Buy them and some herbs and flavourings and you've got a lot of meals sorted.

ReputationRep:
    There are some recipes in the 'TSR Recipe Book' just above your OP.

ReputationRep:
    Cheese on toast with Lee & Perins :drool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rothers)
    Cheese on toast with Lee & Perins :drool:
    Isn't cheese expensive? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oggz)
    Not really.

ReputationRep:
    fois gras

ReputationRep:
    Buy pasta in bulk and get a few cheap sauces. Incredibly cheap, incredibly tasty and incredibly nutritious.

ReputationRep:
    rice and daal

pasta with homemade tomato sauce (tins of tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, herbs, ready after 5 minutes, but better still if you simmer for 1-2 hours. freezes well for quick dinners)

For a treat: slow roasted pork belly - put in at maximum heat for an hour (I assume you're in halls and don't have to pay utility bills), then once crackling is ready turn down to low heat for 2-3 hours. Amazingly delicious, and quite cheap. serve with something wet eg beans cooked with tomatoes.

ReputationRep:
    KEBABS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oggz)
    Stilton is. But then again stiliton is the most delicious thing ever.

ReputationRep:
    Cheese and baked beans on toast. Tesco value baked beans, value bread and the cheapest cheese you can buy. Sorted

ReputationRep:
    Beans on toast baby

ReputationRep:
    Oats and milk = healthy filling cheap bowl of porridge for brekkie

ReputationRep:
    Three of mine this past week:

ReputationRep:
    TUNA.

ReputationRep:
    Stir fry, you can mix and match all sorts of cheap ingredients and it almost always tastes yummy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Three of mine this past week:

-yummy food!-
    Mm, what are the 1st and 2nd ones? They look so good!

ReputationRep:
    Roll out puff pastry, put on Bacon and grated cheese, fold, bake. Amazingly unhealthy but so good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    Mm, what are the 1st and 2nd ones? They look so good!
    The first one is some under-marinated chicken tikka with yoghurt, lemon juice and coriander on naan bread, and the second is chilli con carne. Both done to Jamie Oliver's specifications.

The third is bangers and champ which tbh is seldom an attractive dish to look at, even more so now I managed to overdo the onions and flour in the gravy, making it look like I've poured baked beans on my tea. The recipe for the gravy was by Sam Stern.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.