Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I was told by student finance wales (online and through the post) that my first payment would be coming into my bank account on the 26/09/2011. I rang them up earlier and they said that the university (Swansea) hasn't confirmed that I am attending my chosen course.

Just now I checked my online application and it still says approved next to each payment. If it says approved doesn't this mean my attendance has been confirmed though? As they don't need any more information... I thought it would say awaiting confirmation instead, if this was the case.

Any advice? I am planning to go and speak to someone about this tomorrow, but who do I speak to? The finance department at the university said they don't deal with this.

Thanks. I'm really annoyed tbh, all my friends have received theirs.

ReputationRep:
    Have you sent a declaration form to student finance?? And also have you been enrolled at university? You should have a letter with a barcode on it from SF which the university will scan during enrollment, and you will receive your money in a couple of days after that.
    Well that's how it is in England, not sure if the process is the same in Wales. Should be...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gobananas)
    Have you sent a declaration form to student finance?? And also have you been enrolled at university? You should have a letter with a barcode on it from SF which the university will scan during enrollment, and you will receive your money in a couple of days after that.
    Well that's how it is in England, not sure if the process is the same in Wales. Should be...
    According to Swansea University, they will only want to see the slip/form from SF if the amount paid to me was incorrect (when comparing the information from the university and SF) on enrolement. I did send my declaration form in (a while ago now). I also enrolled online last monday and attended my induction today.

Who would I go and see about this slip? I might bring it to them in person instead.

ReputationRep:
    im on same position as you (swansea university too). call the student records office. they should be able to confirm your attendance

ReputationRep:
    Have you enrolled at uni yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutaud15)
    im on same position as you (swansea university too). call the student records office. they should be able to confirm your attendance
    Hiya,

Yeah I went to them today. They said that their system didn't automatically tell student finance wales that I am attending university and will do it manually for me. Hopefully my money will come through in 3-4 working days.

How are you finding swansea uni?

ReputationRep:
    Story of my life. I have no money :'( and I enrolled yesterday. What worries me is that it still says 'approved', and supposedly when it moves on to 'submitted' that's still 3-4 days.

I have no overdraft. I can borrow from my parents I guess but I feel insanely guilty about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dirtyoldriver)
    Story of my life. I have no money :'( and I enrolled yesterday. What worries me is that it still says 'approved', and supposedly when it moves on to 'submitted' that's still 3-4 days.

I have no overdraft. I can borrow from my parents I guess but I feel insanely guilty about it.
    I can't go out with my flatmates as I haven't got my loan/money. Yeah, my parents have given me some money to help me through the week and I feel very guilty about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilentIdea)
    Hey guys,

I was told by student finance wales (online and through the post) that my first payment would be coming into my bank account on the 26/09/2011. I rang them up earlier and they said that the university (Swansea) hasn't confirmed that I am attending my chosen course.

Just now I checked my online application and it still says approved next to each payment. If it says approved doesn't this mean my attendance has been confirmed though? As they don't need any more information... I thought it would say awaiting confirmation instead, if this was the case.

Any advice? I am planning to go and speak to someone about this tomorrow, but who do I speak to? The finance department at the university said they don't deal with this.

Thanks. I'm really annoyed tbh, all my friends have received theirs.
    You need to register at university first. And then it is 3-4 working days after that that you will get your payment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truechristian91)
    You need to register at university first. And then it is 3-4 working days after that that you will get your payment.
    I got told by a guy today who works in the finance department at the university that it's done automatically here. The university had my SF details since 24th August.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

Yeah I went to them today. They said that their system didn't automatically tell student finance wales that I am attending university and will do it manually for me. Hopefully my money will come through in 3-4 working days.

How are you finding swansea uni?
    its ok, havent really met a lot of people on my first year due to health reason but i do have friends who really love the uni. what course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    its ok, havent really met a lot of people on my first year due to health reason but i do have friends who really love the uni. what course are you doing?
    I'm sure you will meet a lot more people soon. I'm doing aerospace engineering, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you will meet a lot more people soon. I'm doing aerospace engineering, how about you?
    media studies. your course sounds more interesting lol. looking forward to freshers fayre?

ReputationRep:
    media studies. your course sounds more interesting lol. looking forward to freshers fayre?
    I'm sure your course is as or even more interesting than mine. I am looking forward to the fayre, it is tomorrow right? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure your course is as or even more interesting than mine. I am looking forward to the fayre, it is tomorrow right? :rolleyes:
    it is tomorrow and thurs. hopefully it will be better than last year.

ReputationRep:
    how you finding swansea uni so far?

ReputationRep:
    how you finding swansea uni so far?
    I think it's going ok. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's going ok. How about you?
    its ok

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat; was supposed to receive my loan on 26th, I've registered and enrolled and the uni (Salford) have informed me they've confirmed my attendance with Student Finance England (Christ, I've been in lectures today and yesterday so it's not like they don't know I'm here!), yet it still says 'Approved' on the Student Finance website. Pretty pissed off about it tbh, and of course I can't get hold of anybody on the phone.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.