Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I woke up this morning, and after showering, I noticed some really severe dry skin on my face- it actually hurts. So I continued with my normal facial routine- cleanser and moisturiser.

I've not changed products for about 2 months- and even then it was only my facial scrub. I was wondering if it was stress related- seeing as I'm about to go to uni etc? It kinda comes down the side of my face from my eyebrows. It's not peeling or anything, just really rough and painful- it was excruciating when I moisturised but it didn't really do anything.

Any ideas beauty people?

ReputationRep:
    Probably best to go see your doctor, it could be a numerous amount of things.

ReputationRep:
    I had that the other day!

I think it's just cos the shower is so hot and it's getting cold and your skin dries out too quick? Just use a heavier moisturiser - I recommend Lush's Celestial.

ReputationRep:
    I had something similar when I moved to uni. I ended up using E45 on the areas diluted with a bit of water which seemed to help a bit, but I guess it settled down once I had settled into uni life. If it's a big concern though, go see a doctor as stressing about it will probably only make it worse!
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Stress could do that. E45 is your friend, but if it doesn't get better then see a doctor!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I've never had issues with dry skin/eczema so it was a bit of a confusing moment!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.