Turn on thread page Beta

fast food time !!! watch

• View Poll Results: which is your personal favourite?
    kfc
    12.82%
    McDonald's
    17.95%
    burger king
    2.56%
    chinese
    6.41%
    indian
    16.67%
    chippy
    14.10%
    pizza
    19.23%
    subway
    10.26%

ReputationRep:
    which is your favourite?

ReputationRep:
    Taco Bell.

ReputationRep:
    Burger King, but it depends on which country I'm in. Burger King in the Philippines tastes like S*** :yucky:

Next has to be Taco Bell and Pizza Hut :coma:

ReputationRep:
    To eat out: Indian (thai is also nice)
    To get takeaway: fish n chips
    To get delivered: pizza

to watch disgusting fat chavs feeding to their already grossly obese children: McDonalds, Burger King, KFC

ReputationRep:
    Fish and Chips.

ReputationRep:
    nothing beats a nice juicy pizza

hmm my mouth is salivating...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    To eat out: Indian (thai is also nice)
    To get takeaway: fish n chips
    To get delivered: pizza
    Pretty much this.

Though, I prefer a cheesy chip with beans to a fish supper.

Depends on the country too. Iceland has no chippies, so it's mostly pizza for me here.

ReputationRep:
    It's depressing than plastic chain crap like McDonalds is receiving more votes than that most wonderful British institution of fish and chips. I find it hard to believe that anyone would actually prefer a crappy McDonalds ready meal to a beautiful battered cod and chips slathered in salt and vinegar.

ReputationRep:
    kfc fer days

ReputationRep:
    Mcdonalds

ReputationRep:
    Domino's Pizzas :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    It's depressing than plastic chain crap like McDonalds is receiving more votes than that most wonderful British institution of fish and chips. I find it hard to believe that anyone would actually prefer a crappy McDonalds ready meal to a beautiful battered cod and chips slathered in salt and vinegar.
    Not to mention dripping in grease

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Real Quaid)
    Not to mention dripping in grease

Not if you get them from a good chippy. Fish and chips shouldn't be greasy at all - if they are complain because their oil obviously isn't hot enough.

ReputationRep:
    do you live near the ocean? All the chippys near to me are filth, I live just outside of London. But when I've been down to Porthleven, Dorset etc the fish and chips are good..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hockeyjoe)
    do you live near the ocean? All the chippys near to me are filth, I live just outside of London. But when I've been down to Porthleven, Dorset etc the fish and chips are good..
    Not particularly, no. It's not like it takes hours and hours to transport fresh fish 100 miles inland. You just need to find a high quality independent retailer. Humber Road chippy in Beeston, Notts was miles away from the sea, but sold some of the best fish I have ever tasted.

ReputationRep:
    Mcdonald's. Nothing beats a good burger.

I had the best burger ever in a pub near my dad's but for convinience, price and taste all combined Mcdonald's is the winner.

ReputationRep:
    McDonalds & Pizza.

Fish and chips taste crap.

ReputationRep:
    Gotta agree with Mcdonalds. :sogood:

Cheap and tasty, and their breakfasts are the perfect hangover cure.

ReputationRep:
    McDonald's probably tops the list for me, though I do love a good bit of popcorn chicken
    Chip shops can be very hit and miss. Some are great and some aren't worth mentioning. At least you know what you're getting when you go to a chain restaurant.

Describing McDonald's food as a 'ready meal' is a bit silly too. The only thing they make at a chip shop is the batter, though I wouldn't be surprised if some use packet mixes. Everything else comes in frozen minus the potatoes of course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stacks)
    McDonald's probably tops the list for me, though I do love a good bit of popcorn chicken

Chip shops can be very hit and miss. Some are great and some aren't worth mentioning. At least you know what you're getting when you go to a chain restaurant.

Describing McDonald's food as a 'ready meal' is a bit silly too. The only thing they make at a chip shop is the batter, though I wouldn't be surprised if some use packet mixes. Everything else comes in frozen minus the potatoes of course
    Yeah, but when I think of my "favourite" fast food, I don't worry about the crappy restaurants I would never visit. I compare the chip shop I would actually use with the McDonalds I would actually use. The chip shop just offers a far higher standard of food all round.

Honestly, it's like comparing an award winning British Real Ale, locally produced yet famous throughout the world, with a commercially produced american bottle of piss flavoured water like Budweiser. The total quantity sold might be less, but to even attempt to compare the quality of the product is laughable.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.