The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Economics Q&A Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Just a question to clarify something. I am currently holding an offer for L100 Economics and am doing 4 A2s. Last year for my AS, i achieved 4 As.

I would like to ask, if (by an off chance) that I only achieved A*AAC at A2, do I still meet my offer of A*AAa or must I meet my offer of A*AAB as I'm doing 4 A2s.

Thank you :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 461
Original post by Danf159
Just a question to clarify something. I am currently holding an offer for L100 Economics and am doing 4 A2s. Last year for my AS, i achieved 4 As.

I would like to ask, if (by an off chance) that I only achieved A*AAC at A2, do I still meet my offer of A*AAa or must I meet my offer of A*AAB as I'm doing 4 A2s.

Thank you :smile:

Hi,
assuming your offer letter states an offer for the 4 A2's you are currently studying, then getting A*AAC would classify as missing the offer.
Reply 462
Hi, I'm a second year student on L100. If I fail my exams because I was reading your posts here rather than revising, can I plead mitigating circumstances?
Reply 463
Original post by Telec
Hi, I'm a second year student on L100. If I fail my exams because I was reading your posts here rather than revising, can I plead mitigating circumstances?

Hi,

no

Thanks
Reply 464
Hi does Warwick take into consideration a pupils extra circurlars such as sport/drama/music/dofe? Like in our personal statement if we say what we could bring to the university, would you take that in to consideration?

Thanks
Reply 465
Hi, I have previously read in one of the Warwick prospectus that a foreign language at a grade C at GCSEs is one of the crucial requirements for Economics L100. Is it still worth applying to this course considering I haven't taken any foreign languages for GCSEs and so don't even meet the requirement?
Reply 466
what is the square root of 18?
Reply 467
What are the contact hours for L100 (lectures and seminar)?
Reply 468
Original post by University of Warwick
Hi,
assuming your offer letter states an offer for the 4 A2's you are currently studying, then getting A*AAC would classify as missing the offer.

The offer letter states:
" Grade A*AA in 3 A level subjects including maths, and grade A at AS level or grade B at A level in one further"

Since I have achieved 4 A's already at AS level and are taking all 4 to A level, effectively the offer is A*AA right? Since I would then meet the offer of A*AAa.
Reply 469
Original post by Wa 007
Hi does Warwick take into consideration a pupils extra circurlars such as sport/drama/music/dofe? Like in our personal statement if we say what we could bring to the university, would you take that in to consideration?

Thanks

Hi,
yes, we are interested in how your personality and interests will fit within the overall community and environment of the university
Reply 470
Original post by Exotica
Hi, I have previously read in one of the Warwick prospectus that a foreign language at a grade C at GCSEs is one of the crucial requirements for Economics L100. Is it still worth applying to this course considering I haven't taken any foreign languages for GCSEs and so don't even meet the requirement?

Hi,
no, this is not a current requirement as far as I am aware. We simply ask for a grade A at A-Level Maths
Reply 471
Original post by amg_22
what is the square root of 18?

±3√2
Reply 472
Original post by Lemmings
What are the contact hours for L100 (lectures and seminar)?

Typically between 12 and 15 hours a week, depending on the year of study.

In first year, you will do the equivalent of 5 full weight courses, of which each course will tend to have 2 hours of lectures a week and 1 seminar.
Reply 473
Original post by Danf159
The offer letter states:
" Grade A*AA in 3 A level subjects including maths, and grade A at AS level or grade B at A level in one further"

Since I have achieved 4 A's already at AS level and are taking all 4 to A level, effectively the offer is A*AA right? Since I would then meet the offer of A*AAa.

Hi,
it depends on whether you are "cashing in" any of your AS levels or not. You would need to declare that you wish to certificate one of your AS levels in advance of taking the module any further to the A2 level, if you wanted to take up the 3 A2's and 1 AS offer.
Hello

Is Economics Band 1 or Band 2?

Thx
Reply 475
Original post by University of Warwick
Hi,
it depends on whether you are "cashing in" any of your AS levels or not. You would need to declare that you wish to certificate one of your AS levels in advance of taking the module any further to the A2 level, if you wanted to take up the 3 A2's and 1 AS offer.

So if I am taking a non-modular A-level (CIE), then my offer is ONLY A*AAB since I am taking all 4 subjects to A2 level, am I right?
Reply 476
Original post by jesuisbelle88
Hello

Is Economics Band 1 or Band 2?

Thx

Hi,
Economics is Band 2
Reply 477
Original post by Danf159
So if I am taking a non-modular A-level (CIE), then my offer is ONLY A*AAB since I am taking all 4 subjects to A2 level, am I right?

Hi,
yes this would be correct
Reply 478
Original post by Junaid96
Hi, I will have an A-level in Maths before I apply, having self-studied modules early - will I be allowed to count this towards meeting an offer? I hope for A*AAAA at the end of lower sixth, so could I take two subjects next year and get AA (or three and get AAC)? Thanks

Hi,
yes, if you have already attained a grade A in A-Level Maths (as this is our requirement), you will likely receive an offer based on your remaining subjects (such as A*AB)
Is there much difficulty in switching between EPAIS and pure Economics at the end of 1st year? I've taken A2 maths & further maths if it helps.

(I'm not looking to switch, it would just be nice to know how flexible everything is!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending