The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Economics Q&A Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Don Joiner
Would Maths, Further Maths AS, Economics and Geography be good selection of A levels for Economics at Warwick?

Many thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello

Those are sound subject choices for applying to the Economics courses at Warwick.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by PraiseTheSun!
What are the grade and subject requirements for Finnish students taking the Ylioppilastutkinto? Info about the qualification: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matriculation_exam_(Finland)

The requirements listed on your website are very vague.

For reference, The University of Oxford usually asks for grades of LLEE from Finnish applicants wishing to apply to their courses (L=Laudatur/7 and E=Eximia Cum Laude Approbatur/6). Are your requirements of similar level for the Economics and other social sciences?

Hello there - for the most up to date offer level for the Finnish Ylioppilastutkinto, I would advise you to contact the Undergraduate Admissions office directly: [email protected]

I am sorry that I cannot give you a definite answer but I would not want to give you inaccurate information and the UG Admissions team would be best placed to answer country-specific questions.
hi. I missed my predicted grade and qualification information in my ucas application form for L100 and i received the message saying that in the begining of Nov. So far, no reply from warwick and i am worried that i will not be able to recevie the offer since the offers for L100 have gone out quickly.
Hi, and thank you for this thread!:smile:
I would like to ask about opportunities to learn a language during my time at Warwick. I hope to start university in October if I meet the grades stated in my offer and I would like to continue my French studies while I'm there. In my course outline there is no specific mention of language learning (Economic Studies and Global Sustainable Development), but in the Economics course outline I have seen it that it is possible. What should I expect from my course in this regard? Thank you for your answer.
I'm going to be studying Warwick CLL's Gateway program this spring/summer. I was told that if I achieved a 2:1 or higher that would guarantee a place on a full time course, which course/s exactly I wasn't told. Is there any chance of progressing from the Gateway program to the Economics Bsc? Perhaps with a Maths AS / A level?
Hi, is it true that about 90% of successful economics applicants took Further Maths? I'm very worried as I'm only doing AS Further Maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dear Admissions,

If I may ask, if I finish MSc. Economic with distinction, is there any changes I could get into MSc Interdisciplinary Mathematics with financial support?

Kind Regards

<br>
Hello, would Maths, Economics, Geography and ICT be decent subjects to do Economics at Warwick? Plus, I'm doing the AQA Bacc alongside it as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MartonJ
Hi, and thank you for this thread!:smile:
I would like to ask about opportunities to learn a language during my time at Warwick. I hope to start university in October if I meet the grades stated in my offer and I would like to continue my French studies while I'm there. In my course outline there is no specific mention of language learning (Economic Studies and Global Sustainable Development), but in the Economics course outline I have seen it that it is possible. What should I expect from my course in this regard? Thank you for your answer.

It is possible to take a language as a 30 CATS optional modules for straight economics. The industrial economics course does not allow option until year 3. From year 2 onward, any language module must be taken as an accelerated module.

Basically, yes you can. But note that accelerated modules are hard unless you really know the language.
Hello,
I am a student who would love to join Warwick but I am not sure my grades are good enough. Would 6A*s and 2 As at GCSE along with predicted grades of 3 A*s at A2 be enough for a realistic offer?
Original post by dakofsta
Hello,
I am a student who would love to join Warwick but I am not sure my grades are good enough. Would 6A*s and 2 As at GCSE along with predicted grades of 3 A*s at A2 be enough for a realistic offer?

Yes of course, you might be good enough for Cambridge or Oxford with those grades
What are typical UMS scores for a successful Warwick Economics applicant?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, so I got a C in one of my subjects for AS level. Planning to resit to get an A and drop it at A2. So when you said you make an offer for A*AAa (4 subjects at AS and 3 in A2), would you make an offer to me given that I can meet the offer by resitting?
Currently, I am making a decision on my A level choices. Would Warwick prefer an applicant to pick up As further maths and
do 3 a levels, or carry on with all 4 A levels (maths, chemistry, economics and physics)?
(edited 7 years ago)
How much does Warwick look at module scores for maths and economics

I got:
97 in C1, 100 in C2 and 100 in S1, would these be good

Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
When are offers for pure economics expected to be given out?
Original post by JP0458B
How much does Warwick look at AS module scores for economics?

I got:
100 in C1, 90 in C2 and 96 in M1, would these be good scores for economics?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those are quite clearly more than adequate scores for any course, at any university.
Is the degree more essay based or maths based?
Also how does it rank to lse ucl etc
Would any particular laptops be better than others to use during a BSc in Economics? Are Apple Macs fully compatible with necessary software?
Does BSc Economics at the University of Warwick require AP Calculus BC or Ap Calculus AB is enough?

Quick Reply

Latest