Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi.
    so a few weeks back i decided to close my 10km (and occasionaly 5km) fitness blog i had on this website as i decided to no longer work towards this distance. have since been doing some prep for next year's london marathon, so thought i'd start afresh.............
    marathon training goes ok i believe? :'D however, this i will be logging on my facebook- here i shall be logging something else!

about a month ago when online i decided to attach myself to the ladies basketball team + soc at my new university (where i will be studying msc advanced mechanical engineering :ahee:).
    yesterday (26/09) was the first team meeting and training session.......and within the first few seconds i came to a realisation that they other women in the club are very much of the muscular, butch variety :| pretty much all apart from myself are around the 5'7-5'11 height mark, and around 65kg to 75kg weight :| this came as shock to me, as i thought bulk was for sports like rugby, but not basketball!!! :| but ohwell.
    in the first practise match they struggled to reach some things i could due to height difference, they were a lot more physical, and happy to barge me (most of the time successfully :cry2:) when pressuring me for possession of the ball!! O.O

after this painful lesson, i decided that what needs to be done is i need strengthen a little bit not too much,as would still like to feel the joy of being graceful, svelte and having a not too high body fat.
    i propose to get to around 70kg mark for starters,by the time the big b-ball matches start, after christmas!!! whether or not this is achievable (especially considering i will be mixing this strengthening with my marathon training efforts) i do not know; but any gains will be better than what comes from not trying at all,no? :'D

anyway,not too long ago i just stood on this machine with all these lights and sh*t, that measured me in sorts of ways! :O

my current shape, as it appears on this printout i have!!!!!

date and time: 27/09/2011, 12:51
    height (cm): 193.4 cm
    total body weight (kg): 65.0kg
    body fat (kg): 7.8kg
    body fat (%): 12.0%
    heartrate (max/min): 124/74
    age and gender input: 23/f

hopefully this helps with imagining how i start off? i saw no point in putting stuff like my water weighting, and i'd rather not say about arm, leg, and bust-waist-hip measurement............ U_U'

before this lunchbreak ends i shall eat, and when im finished here for the day it'll be time to research some lifting schedules/ plans others here seem to use ;D TSR FITNESS STICKY READING TIME!!! :O :O :O

will come back later to update........that is providing i remember that i have made this blog.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.