Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have had confidence problems all my life and have suffered depression at one point in my life due to something which happend but i dont want to say but to get straight to the point,

there is a girl in my form group which i really like, i have seen her also looking at me, i want to approach her but she is always with these bunch of girls so basically i thought i would add her on facebook and start a convosation.but i do not know how to start it??

A friend told me to say something accidently to her on facebook chat then say sorry and hope she replies "its okay" then start the convo instead of saying "hi"can someone advise me on what they would do, and how i would keep the convosation going??

thanks in adavance

ReputationRep:
    Just add her and start a normal conversation with her, 'hey' is a good way to start. Make conversation about your classes, or find something you have in common... Or at least try and talk to her in real life, when she isnt with her group of friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freedom)
    i have had confidence problems all my life and have suffered depression at one point in my life due to something which happend but i dont want to say but to get straight to the point,

there is a girl in my form group which i really like, i have seen her also looking at me, i want to approach her but she is always with these bunch of girls so basically i thought i would add her on facebook and start a convosation.but i do not know how to start it??

A friend told me to say something accidently to her on facebook chat then say sorry and hope she replies "its okay" then start the convo instead of saying "hi"can someone advise me on what they would do, and how i would keep the convosation going??

thanks in adavance
    Bad idea. Saying sorry is a sign of weakness. Not a good way to start.

Asking her for personal advice is a better way. Say you have a personal problem and tell her a short story about your social drama filled issue.

If you have no drama in your life, watch Millionaire Matchmaker.

My friend has a problem. I wanted to ask for your advice. her *blah blah* thanks.

He's really rich, and whenever he goes on a date, he leads with his riches. He takes the girl out to some super expensive restaurant in a chauffer driven car and nights at a fancy hotel. He wonders why he never gets nice girls. I think he's focusing too much on his money. What should he do?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2011
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.