Turn on thread page Beta

Lads, I need watch advice! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    post removed

ReputationRep:
    Luminox! You can get a cracking one at Watch Factory in North London for £165 or less.

Where were girlfriends like this when I was single?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orosestone)
    he's very particular about his watches
    How many does he need?!

ReputationRep:
    people still wear watches nowadays? this shocks me....

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I want to buy my boyfriend a watch for Christmas, though he's very particular about his watches and I don't have a clue! I was thinking of spending between £80 - £150, maybe a leather watch? Can you suggest any decent makes? Where I could get nice watches from? What is good value and what is good to look out for?

Thank you!!
    Its worth finding out if he likes a metal strap (the one with the clasp) or a leather strap. I know that would make a big difference to me, whatever the actual watch was like.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'd say he has maybe 10 already? Maybe more maybe less... It's a collection thing though, watches are all he's really into when it come to buying presents. I know he has a diesel one, a penguin one erm.... DKNY, Sekonda I think? Though I might have got them wrong
    Such a bad idea to collect watches - he'll never be able to excuse himself for being late!

ReputationRep:
    Luminox? Nice watches, though slightly out of my budget haha
    There should definitely be one in your budget.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I want to buy my boyfriend a watch for Christmas, though he's very particular about his watches and I don't have a clue! I was thinking of spending between £80 - £150, maybe a leather watch? Can you suggest any decent makes? Where I could get nice watches from? What is good value and what is good to look out for?

Thank you!!

I wear this watch.

ReputationRep:
    I'll keep looking for them, thanks
    http://www.thewatchfactory.co.uk/bra...x-watches.html

ReputationRep:
    If he's particular about watches maybe let him choose one... I know it'll ruin the surprise but tbh you're unlikely to get one that he likes (I'm sure he'll like whatever coz you got it for him) but will he like the watch itself?

As you're spending good money, get him in on it.

(Original post by resentment.)
    I wear this watch.
    Lol, and for a tenner or however little it costs, she'll be well under-budget too, I suppose. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Do any of you know which shops would be best to look in? I don't really want to buy one online as I'd prefer to be able to go back to the shop if there are any faults xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boromir9111)
    people still wear watches nowadays? this shocks me....
    most people these days wear them as a fashion accessory or because they think the opposite sex finds it attractive.

I tell the time with my phone and so does everyone else below the age of like 25.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    If he's particular about watches maybe let him choose one... I know it'll ruin the surprise but tbh you're unlikely to get one that he likes (I'm sure he'll like whatever coz you got it for him) but will he like the watch itself?

As you're spending good money, get him in on it
    Yeah, you're probably right, I just thought it would be good to pick a decent watch myself and have him impressed by my obvious knowledge of nice watches haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    most people these days wear them as a fashion accessory or because they think the opposite sex finds it attractive.

I tell the time with my phone and so does everyone else below the age of like 25.
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by resentment.)

I wear this watch.
    Classic.

ReputationRep:
    Fossil watches :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    H.Samuel stock lots of good brands and it's ideal becUse you can go to any store nationwide to get it sorted. they stock diesel, fossil, guess and dkny fashion brands, along with accurist, rotary, casio, seiko. Probsbly the best store for your price range.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, nice though I personally was thinking of an analog display
    get him that casio and blowie's to the sum of £100.

ReputationRep:
    did anyone else find when they read this post in their heads it was read in a shouting/loud voice.....?

ANYWAY, try hugo boss watches i guess? u can get a leather strapped one in your price range, honestly? check online for your best offer, or in selfridges! really good for stuff like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)

I wear one because I don't want to take my phone out to check the time every 5 mins during classes waiting for them to end, hoping despite logic that time will move faster. It'd be a bit obvious.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.