Best student account for international students? Watch

Supermanben
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi I am from Sweden and I am wondering what the best student account would be for us international students? I am hoping for an overdraft but both HSBC and Loyds say all they can offer is the generic current account.
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would try Natwest, Santander and the Co-op, however, a lot of banks are being more conservative this year with their student overdrafts, so you might struggle to get one after only being resident here a short time. I would ask all the banks when you might become eligable for an account if they refuse you at the moment.
skipp
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd second the advice from slowloris to check whether you can actually get a student account from each bank first, Natwest for example require you to 'Have been ordinarily resident in the UK for three years or more prior to commencing study' to apply for their student account
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (985)
79.31%
Leave (257)
20.69%

Watched Threads