?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thanks
modgepodge
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I got HTC Desire for £20 per month including 500mins, 500 texts and unlimited internet (actually might be unlimited texts too, can't remember). That was last October so better phones may be available now or that deal may be cheaper. Downside is it's a 24 month contract, though they did have it for 12 months if you were willing to pay for the phone (around £100 I think).
Boom.Squish
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Are you looking for just a sim card or an actual phone?
If just the sim card, I'm with giffgaff and I pay £10 a month for unlimited internet, unlimited texts and 250 mins.
CoffeeStinks
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I got a HTC Desire HD 600mins, Unlimited texts and internet, £19 per month.

You just have to call them and haggle.

My technique is to start the conversation with 'I have found a deal that gives me [describe awesome deal here] and was seeing if you could provide anything better.

More likely than not you'll get a better deal compared to just buying it online.
matt_rf
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
From October, all customers with smartphone contracts on '3' will be given the option to have all-you-can-eat data for £3 a month. Beat that o2!
Joanna-Marie :)
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
O2 Text & Web .. Top up £10 a month and you get 300 free texts and Ulimited internet for the month
Rtcw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
GiffGaff = Unlimited text and internet for £10 per month.
unknown681
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
giffgaff, so long as you have a decent O2 signal.
steph1389
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The 3 "One Plan"- A series of texts, minutes and unlimited data without any terms and conditions. It cost as little as £25 and by far the best deal. They also have updated all equipment making it a better service.
keepoffthelawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm considering switching to three for their all-you-can eat data plan on payg. Is there any sort of catch? Sounds too good to be true.. Are skype calls allowed? And what about streaming video like youtube and bbc iplayer? any restrictions i need to know about?
Rtcw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by keepoffthelawn)
I'm considering switching to three for their all-you-can eat data plan on payg. Is there any sort of catch? Sounds too good to be true.. Are skype calls allowed? And what about streaming video like youtube and bbc iplayer? any restrictions i need to know about?
Still bad when compared to GiffGaff's unlimited data, texts and good amount of minutes for as little as tenner.
keepoffthelawn
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rtcw)
Still bad when compared to GiffGaff's unlimited data, texts and good amount of minutes for as little as tenner.
oh right that's true! I'm gonna order a sim and try out if i get good reception where i live and then transfer my number..
Rtcw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
oh right that's true! I'm gonna order a sim and try out if i get good reception where i live and then transfer my number..
You should. GG uses O2 signal.
alibee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When you're on 3, skype calls are always free. It doesn't use any of any data allowance you may have. The only thing that's blocked skype wise is using skype credit to call uk landlines through your phone as clearly they want you to pay them the money not skype.
D4rth
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Best decision you will ever make + if you get your friends on you can call and text them for free!
C4OShea
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you 'buy' one of the giffgaff goody bags - say £10 - after the one month of using your inclusive minutes etc does you credit start going down ?

Or is it simply a case that you are buying these minutes text web etc and there never see the £10?
PwnArtist
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by C4OShea)
If you 'buy' one of the giffgaff goody bags - say £10 - after the one month of using your inclusive minutes etc does you credit start going down ?

Or is it simply a case that you are buying these minutes text web etc and there never see the £10?
You pay 10 for the package, just like you do with 3.
C4OShea
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by PwnArtist)
You pay 10 for the package, just like you do with 3.
Is that package only for one month - i.e. if i bought it today would it run one calendar month later - or when my minutes run out?
PwnArtist
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by C4OShea)
Is that package only for one month - i.e. if i bought it today would it run one calendar month later - or when my minutes run out?
One month.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (577)
47.06%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (379)
30.91%
I don't have an opinion (270)
22.02%

Watched Threads