Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    They just seem out to annoy me on a daily basis. Last night after I came off the phone to my ex and the argument had been a bit heated, I took a bottle of wine out the fridge and drank it in front of a Bad Girls episode that I'd recorded from the other night, and then started playing and singing along to Florence and the Machine at the top of my voice. My mother though, as usual, started moaning that I was waking them up at 01:00. They just always seem out to criticise everything that I do, and even though I do things like my own laundry etc, it's never good enough. I work full-time now that I've graduated and give them £50 a month rent, but even that seems to be a source of contention. How can I stop the arguments with them? Is it more a case of keeping myself to myself and ignoring them?

ReputationRep:
    i would kick the ass of anyone who woke me up in the middle of the night playing music

have some respect for them

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one questioning the gender/post combination?

ReputationRep:
    So you were drinking, playing music and singing along at 1AM?

And you think they're hassling you...Right....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    Am I the only one questioning the gender/post combination?
    Not since you pointed it out. Tis rather strange indeed.

ReputationRep:
    You do your OWN laundry?? All by yourself?
    And pay them the grand sum of 50 quid a month?
    And they have a go at you for waking them up?
    Yeah, it's them who're out of order.
    Not you at all.

ReputationRep:
    Every time I ask my dad for a lift as well, he moans. It just seems everything that I ask is too much ****ing trouble.

ReputationRep:
    I'll give you 7/10, I laughed at £50 a month.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.