Which universities do you think I should apply to? Watch

hogwartian1993
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am on track to be predicted 3A*'s at A2. I got AAAC at AS, the C in English which I'm resitting because I was on track for a high A. I suffer from Asperger's Syndrome and clinical depression so I will need a university that will support me well. I want to study Law. My GCSE's were 5A*'s, 3A's, 2B's and a C. The B's and C were in Science which I had to teach myself due to my absence from school due to my depression. Which universities do you think I should apply to and will give me the support I need?
aeterno
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You really need to research this yourself. None of us here are able to correctly predict which universities will/won't be suited to you. Start off with UCAS course search and look at the universities which offer Law, if any of them interest you, visit them if you can and use that opportunity to explain your situation if possible. You have good grades so by all means aim high but you need to see it to know whether it's the right place for you.
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What sort of support are you after, exactly? Most universities have a counselling service available, and may offer you extra support in exams if you need it. Most will allocate you a tutor who can support you with personal issues. However, for most of the support, you do need to be proactive in accessing it yourself. I think it might be worth looking at smaller size universities, as you may find you get lost/missed in a large one.

Do you have any good universities you could commute too? As obviously if you stay at home you will have more of your family's support. It might even be better staying at home and going to a slightly less prestigious university, rather than going to one further afield and finding you are not equipped to deal with it emotionally. I found living away from home at 18 very stressful, and dropped out, despite having no mental health issues, so I do think it is something to consider.

Good luck, whatever you decide.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (55)
98.21%
No (1)
1.79%

Watched Threads