Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    or 5 min makeup. I have been given new hours at work and on Wednesdays I now start at 6, my make-up usually takes me about 20 mins. In order to have the time to do it I will need to be getting up at 4.30 at the very latest. I like my bed and don't really want to be getting up that early if I don't have to. Does anyone have any great ideas to reduce or eradicate the need for full foundation etc, by improving the general appearance of my skin or ways I can get the whole lot done quicker?

ReputationRep:
    When I haven't got time I just clean and moisturise my face, then add Benetint (the darker coloured one) to my cheeks and lips. It freshens up my face and makes me look as if I've done foundation.

ReputationRep:
    If you stop wearing your full coverage foundation you might very well find that your skin improves when it's allowed to breathe.

I'd just use a little tinted moisturiser and set it with light powder. Then some mascara and a tinted lip balm and you'll be fresh faced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie_girl)
    If you stop wearing your full coverage foundation you might very well find that your skin improves when it's allowed to breathe.

I'd just use a little tinted moisturiser and set it with light powder. Then some mascara and a tinted lip balm and you'll be fresh faced.
    How does tinted moisturiser work? Does it give even coverage? Can you recommend me a good reasonably priced one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippieglitter)
    How does tinted moisturiser work? Does it give even coverage? Can you recommend me a good reasonably priced one?
    Yeah it's much lighter than foundation, it just evens your skin tone. I'm not sure about 'reasonably priced' but I use mac and it's pretty good. I think it's around £15. Before that I used estee lauder which was more expensive (like £22) but had slightly better coverage. I think No7 do one too.

Actually, if it's just a few problem areas then sometimes I just moisturise normally and dab on a little concealer, then powder, for an eeeeven lighter look. It's so much nicer wearing less make up once you get used to it!

ReputationRep:
    jizzz.. :perv:

ReputationRep:
    Try using salt water as toner. That's what I do, and my skin cleared up massively within a few days. Just remember to moisturise well afterwards, otherwise it'll dry your skin out a bit!

ReputationRep:

If i had clear skin I would just put my Benefit You Rebel on that cost around £24 but its well worth it trust me. Its a tinted moisturiser but it acts like a foundation. I would wear it on its own but coz i don't have clear skin I top it off with another foundation to cover me up. It dont take you long to put it on. And for ur eyes just dab a nice eyeshadow and mascara and u'll be done. You can put vaseline on the train or bus for lips. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    I have the Clarins one, which is not exactly reasonably priced at £27, but I mix it with normal moisturisor to get more out of it. With a bit of powder on top it looks pretty much the same as a light coat of foundation. I have a Boots Tea Tree concealer stick that sorts out any blemishes underneath, and cos it's got tea tree and witchhazel in it, it sorts out any potential spots at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    THE best cleanser ever, it will clear up your skin massively. Philosophy Purity Made Simple. It's expensive but seriously, the bottle is massive and it lasts FOREVER, you only need a blob the size of your fingernail. If you invest in a good skin care routine it will really pay back. This takes off make up too, and it's pretty moisturizing (yet somehow cleanses oily skin... it's magic).

As for 'quick' make up, you can add foundation to any normal moisturiser to make a tinted moisturiser of your own so you don't need to splash out on a tinted moisturiser. I would say 60% foundation 40% moisturiser, add less foundation than you'd normally use because it bulks out with the moisturiser and you don't need as much. Add a little powder and some peach coloured blush to your cheeks so you don't look too washed out. Add some mascara and a lip balm and you're good to go. All of that can be done in 2 minutes, literally.

ReputationRep:
    Add lemon and salt to water and wash your face with this combination twice a day.After washing your face dry it with a soft flannel. I find the best moistriser is simple: Light moisture.hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    or 5 min makeup. I have been given new hours at work and on Wednesdays I now start at 6, my make-up usually takes me about 20 mins. In order to have the time to do it I will need to be getting up at 4.30 at the very latest. I like my bed and don't really want to be getting up that early if I don't have to. Does anyone have any great ideas to reduce or eradicate the need for full foundation etc, by improving the general appearance of my skin or ways I can get the whole lot done quicker?
    You'll be suprised how much just drinking water will help your skin

ReputationRep:
    Less sugar, more water.

ReputationRep:
    Vichy Normaderm skincare range is v good. My skin is good at the moment, but I find the products good (moisturizer + fash wash) - non oily but doesn't dry out the skin

GOSH velvet touch primer might make foundation application easier?

GOSH concealer stick (twist up stick) is v good. Can be used alone. Covers redness etc.

ReputationRep:
    Stop using make-up? It's a vicious cycle - you start using make-up, then make-up turns your skin to crap (because you have gunk clogging up your pores all day) which necessitates the use of make-up to cover it up.

ReputationRep:
    this is really an interesting thread.. thanks for sharing..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.