Turn on thread page Beta

Let me keep this to the point:

- Met a guy 5 years ago one evening, through mututal friend. Got along alright. Met once more with all our friends maybe 2 years after that.
    - Kept in touch online, since we get along well.

- 2 months ago (so not having hung out in 3 years), I was going to the city he now lives in, he suggested I stay the night.
    - I went, we had a good time. He bought me some drinks (he works, has an amazing flat and job, whilst I'm still a scruffy student) and gave up his bed whilst he slept in living room. I arrived at about 6pm and left at 8am the next morning.
    - Now, he is on a week's holiday and will be in the region I live in. He's coming to my city for 2 nights. He's staying with me, but I feel really uncomfortable about it. I live in student halls, so only have a poxy little student room. He'll have to sleep on the floor right next to my bed (or I will, since I'll have to give him my bed).

I just feel uncomfortable, because I don't know him very well, and he's a guy. I'll have to get changed in the tiny bathroom, and I'm just going to feel really awkward. I tried to tell him, letting him know just how small the room is (I'll be honest - secretly I was hoping he would stay at a hostel/hotel), and he said ''ah, that's fine by me''. I feel bad thinking this, because he's a really nice guy, we get on well and he was so kind to me when I went to his city, but....:-s

Anyone have any thoughts? Should I stop whining and suck it up?

I should point out, if I were living in a proper flat or house, I wouldn't be concerned about this at all. It's the claustrophobia and privacy I'm worrying about, since we don't really know each other *that* well.

ReputationRep:
    Well you dont know him that well, but you have stayed at his and invited him to yours to stay 2 nights....

If he knows you live in student halls he will know your room is not big enough to swing a cat in. But to be honest if you're not honest with him how is he supposed to know?

He probably fancies you and is taking your invitation of staying over at yours a pretty strong hint.

ReputationRep:
    I think he is using you. He allowed you to stay with him just to open an opportunity to come to you later

ReputationRep:
    I think its not that bad! Im guessing all day you'll be out of the room ( not in a claustrophobic environment) and its just to sleep. Seeing as you get on fairly well I guess it won't be as bad as you think it will be!

(Original post by VneetaB)
    I think its not that bad! Im guessing all day you'll be out of the room ( not in a claustrophobic environment) and its just to sleep. Seeing as you get on fairly well I guess it won't be as bad as you think it will be!
    Maybe you're right...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.