Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 in November, and at the end of October I'm going to stay with my friend whose recently moved to Manchester Met for the weekend. We're going out in Manchester, and I've got some ID sorted, but are they strict on ID in Manchester? I've been out in York where I live before and had some ugly experiences with bouncers telling me to 'come back when I'm 18'. (even with ID).

ReputationRep:
    It depends where you go, I know you definitely need ID for a lot of the clubs because they can get into trouble for letting underage people in. If you've got ID sorted out you shouldn't have any problems though.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you'll get ID'd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h0llyyx)
    I'm 17 in November, and at the end of October I'm going to stay with my friend whose recently moved to Manchester Met for the weekend. We're going out in Manchester, and I've got some ID sorted, but are they strict on ID in Manchester? I've been out in York where I live before and had some ugly experiences with bouncers telling me to 'come back when I'm 18'. (even with ID).
    Yes, you will.

Especially student places, they seem quite strict on it. I look pretty old for a 19 year-old and I always get ID'd.

Only way you might not is to tag along with a society social, they usually get right through easily. Not worth the risk though.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah. Definitely.

I'm 28 and still get my id checked for entry into clubs. Some Bars/Pubs are usually a bit more lenient, but not all. It depends who is on at the door / serving at the bar.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 28, 2011

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Autumn Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.