The Student Room Group

Shoes for a guy on a night out

Now, don't laugh at me here, daft question but I feel the need to ask it!

I'm looking to buy some shoes for nights out, I'm fed up with looking chavvy in trainers!

Normally end up wearing fairly dark jeans and a shirt (a shirt, not a t-shirt).

What kind of shoes would you recommend? Not looking to spend a lot, just looking for something that would look decent with jeans and not chavvy looking.

Thanks guys.

Scroll to see replies

Look at Base London. I got a pair of loafers for £55 in Office and they look great for nights out and are comfortable.

It may be more than you want to pay, but they are real leather and I've worn them a lot and seen no signs of wear. Well worth the money.
Some of my mates wear deck shoes, other than that converse is probably the most popular.
Reply 3
Go Noel Edmonds in that bxtch

Reply 4
look out for these:

i call them church shoes.. but don't wear anything that looks like this..

if i saw anybody wearing something like this, i would laugh in your face openly...
Reply 6
Converse? I mean, everyone has them, sure, but I find them comfy to be in
You could go with something like this for a laugh

But I normally go in somet like this (not exactly purple isn't my color :tongue: )

Curious to see how this turns out, i've got a gig in a club to go next month and I need some new shoes.

Good quality stylish shoes.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by tomatoslayer
i call them church shoes.. but don't wear anything that looks like this..

if i saw anybody wearing something like this, i would laugh in your face openly...

*worried*

What's wrong with those?
Reply 10
Original post by Awoodrow2
*worried*

What's wrong with those?

I don't think there is anything particular wrong with them, but there isn't anything right with them either. Essentially, they are just not at all stylish and remind me of the school shoes that your mum would have bought for you.
Reply 11
I usually wear something like these

Original post by OBAG09L
I don't think there is anything particular wrong with them, but there isn't anything right with them either. Essentially, they are just not at all stylish and remind me of the school shoes that your mum would have bought for you.

Ahkay. In my mind, these

are the unstylish school shoes that should never be worn again, and the earlier shoe is more acceptable for adults.
Plimsolls.
brogues/loafers/deck shoes?
Reply 15
My favourite shoes for going out are boat shoes.

Reply 16
Original post by Awoodrow2
Ahkay. In my mind, these

are the unstylish school shoes that should never be worn again, and the earlier shoe is more acceptable for adults.

True, these are definately worse and wouldn't look right on anyone after primary school. The others were just not my kind of thing I guess.
Reply 17
I wear these but in light brown:

they're from Zara and were only £25 IIRC (it was a spur of the moment buy).
Reply 18
Something like this goes well with dark blue jeans (not black jeans) http://media.burton.co.uk/wcsstore/Burton//images/catalog/79F86VNAT_normal.jpg
Reply 19
Original post by miml
Something like this goes well with dark blue jeans (not black jeans) http://media.burton.co.uk/wcsstore/Burton//images/catalog/79F86VNAT_normal.jpg

Reckon you could post the link of them on the actual website, can't seem to find them. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest