Turn on thread page Beta

Which medical schools don't look at GCSE's? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for medical school now, but haven't got the best GCSE's and I'm planning to apply to peninsula, Briton/Sussex, Southampton and keele.
    I was just wondering whether these medical schools looked at Gc
    cSE's and whether there are others that don't look at GCES's that I havent yet looked at! Alll suggestions welcome, thanks

ReputationRep:
    They all do. You need to meet minimum requirements of a B in English, Maths and the sciences I believe, and some then go on to specify A*s (e.g. Birmingham) and some ask for a certain number of points (e.g. St George's).
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    To an extent, they all look at GCSEs, but some taken them into more consideration than others.
    It's a case of doing the research of the universities you want to apply to and reading their requirements very carefully.

Also, I'm not 100% sure about what you have to declare on your UCAS. Someone might correct me here, or you may discover somewhere else, but you may not have to declare any grades that you think may bring down your overall application. I would think almost certainly though that you have to at least declare science, maths and English GCSEs to apply for medicine so it's important that you have good grades in these subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oggz)
    They all do. You need to meet minimum requirements of a B in English, Maths and the sciences I believe, and some then go on to specify A*s (e.g. Birmingham) and some ask for a certain number of points (e.g. St George's).
    Ok thanks - just some don't ask for anything specific i.e peninsula!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flugel)
    To an extent, they all look at GCSEs, but some taken them into more consideration than others.
    It's a case of doing the research of the universities you want to apply to and reading their requirements very carefully.

Also, I'm not 100% sure about what you have to declare on your UCAS. Someone might correct me here, or you may discover somewhere else, but you may not have to declare any grades that you think may bring down your overall application. I would think almost certainly though that you have to at least declare science, maths and English GCSEs to apply for medicine so it's important that you have good grades in these subjects
    Brill thanks will have a closer look!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 28, 2011

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.