Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I like to think of myself as something of a psychotic foodie who insatiably has to try everything and anything available. Toffee covered Locusts? Done it. Bacon Chocolate? Old hat. Pancakes topped with Lobster Roe? Yup.

But sometimes I'll suggest something totally pedestrian. Totally simple and everyday. Benign. BEIGE. Something you just assume everyone has eaten at some point in life, because it's so commonplace. And then, from the corner of the room, someone'll say,

"...I've never tried it."

WHAT?! WHAAAAT?! NEVER?!

How can you NEVER have tried it?! EVERYONE's tried it, surely!! Well, apparently not!

In this thread, I want you to post your most OUTRAGEOUS, SHOCKING, "I'VE NEVER TRIED ITS"!

Never eaten an apple? Never sampled a Fish finger, perhaps? Go on, let us know, and make us yelp that phrase of disbelief!

ReputationRep:
    Never ever drunk tea.

ReputationRep:
    How did I know this would be a TotoMimo thread? XD

I've personally never tried anything with rhubarb, but I'm generally quite well versed in terms of food [=

ReputationRep:
    McDonalds. I mean, I know their food is crap and plastic, but surely we all grew up wanting a happy meal :zomg:.

ReputationRep:
    never eaten a baby.

ReputationRep:
    i've never tried any of those strange combinations you spoke of there. but i'd say i've tried most things that are readily available to get hold of in this country.

i'm also quite good with food, in that, i've never tried anything that I don't like. So like you i'm up for trying anything!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    McDonalds. I mean, I know their food is crap and plastic, but surely we all grew up wanting a happy meal :zomg:.
    plastic never tasted so good!

ReputationRep:
    Never had a Nandos. When I told my Nandos-obsessed friends they looked at me as if I'd told them I eat babies.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I wonder if you ever run out of cheesy thread titles... :moon:

Mainly when people don't know what vegetable is what.

ReputationRep:
    i have never eaten bacon.
    never will.

EDIT; hey people!! it looks nasty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    I like to think of myself as something of a psychotic foodie...
    Nooooo ...You really think?!?!

Lychees. Why would you not sample this fruit??

ReputationRep:
    Marmite. The smell...

ReputationRep:
    I've never had blueberries. Or a blueberry muffin. Or cheescake. :rolleyes: I'm not good with food

ReputationRep:
    my friend has never eaten any meat, vegetarian from birth, now vegan

ReputationRep:
    chicken Kiev
    its look fascinating but not in the way that makes me want to eat it

ReputationRep:
    Wait, shorty, are you saying you've never tried a lychee or that you know someone who hasn't?

Anyway, Tea and Bacon - those are both pretty big ones for me!! I'm going to say,

"SAY WHAAAA? OUTRAGE!"

Good suggestions thus far, capitans!

ReputationRep:
    A Doner Kebab. My mate has never had one. I was like :eek: when I first heard.

ReputationRep:
    Mussel
    White chocolate mice, the look of them made me feel ill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKGB)
    Never had a Nandos. When I told my Nandos-obsessed friends they looked at me as if I'd told them I eat babies.
    Well consider yourself lucky.

The lot of us hadn't eaten a Nandos and with all the praise it was getting we went expecting a feast. For £8 I got a bit of chicken and some measly chips.

Disappointed doesn't even cover it.

ReputationRep:
    Cauliflower. It just looks so weird. Damn pale broccoli

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.