Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm finally considering getting a Nintendo Wii (I know, I'm really behind the times...) and wanted to buy as well a Wii Fit as I've heard from a few friends positive things about it.

I'm looking to lose a lot of weight (a good couple of stone) I'm aware it won't happen quickly and I don't have loads of time to commit to exercise and losing weight as I work full time so the Wii Fit seemed like a better option as this way I can choose how much time I want to work out each day and build it up week by week.

I'm just looking for gradual weight loss and gradual improvement in fitness and wanted to know whether people had any positive stories of the Wii fit or Wii fitness games on the market, if anyone has lost weight with it and if so how much?

In addition any comments on just how much space you need in your living room to accommodate all the moves for a Wii fit would be great, comments on the kind of exercise regimes it offers and the ease with fitting it into a busy work day.

Also, of course, and negatives, problems and disadvantages would be great to know as well.

Thanks to anyone who can help out.

ReputationRep:
    i do 3 days weight training and 4 days light cardio on the WII and sticking to a 2000 cal a day diet im losing 1lb a week

its not the best way to exercise but it helps, i use the wii fit, EA active more workouts and the biggest loser challenge, i will be adding EA active 2 in at some point

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I think that if you want to lose weight - especially if you want to lose as much as 2 stone - get out and do some REAL exercise. Join a gym or go for a run outside.

The Wii Fit can be extra and done leisurely, as in you go for a run/gym and come back home and do the Wii fit. Getting outside to do exercise will keep you motivated and a with a real, tough workout you will really reap the benefits mentally and physically.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.