Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong bit or whatever, I'm new to this site...don't get mad

So, I need serious help getting a insurance place for English Literature...everywhere asks for such high requirements!!

I'm predicted D1 for English (Cambridge Pre-U...basically equates to A**), D2 for History (A*) and A/A* for politics. Nearly every Uni I've looked at asks for marks between AAB and A*AA....the lowest I'm looking at is AAB for Newcastle.

Does *anyone* know a decent Uni that maybe asks for ABB for either English Lit, English Lit and Lang or just English Studies? And before you mention my predictions, I'm pretty sure my teachers were on some illegal substance when they gave me these, and I'm really not confident I'll get my predicted grades so desperately need to find a place for lower grades :unsure:

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Leicester is AAB-ABB for English.

Other than that you really will not find any Russell or 1994 Group Uni's which offer anything lower than AAA-AAB. Alas its one of the most competitive degrees!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feath)
    Hello,

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong bit or whatever, I'm new to this site...don't get mad

So, I need serious help getting a insurance place for English Literature...everywhere asks for such high requirements!!

I'm predicted D1 for English (Cambridge Pre-U...basically equates to A**), D2 for History (A*) and A/A* for politics. Nearly every Uni I've looked at asks for marks between AAB and A*AA....the lowest I'm looking at is AAB for Newcastle.

Does *anyone* know a decent Uni that maybe asks for ABB for either English Lit, English Lit and Lang or just English Studies? And before you mention my predictions, I'm pretty sure my teachers were on some illegal substance when they gave me these, and I'm really not confident I'll get my predicted grades so desperately need to find a place for lower grades :unsure:

Cheers
    Kent is a good uni (mid twenties in the league tables, if that kind of thing helps you judge it) with ABB for English Lit (there are loads of combinations for it though). Not too sure what the course content is, but Canterbury is beautiful and they have an incredible exchange/study abroad program

Hope that helped in some way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary-A-Sonic)
    Kent is a good uni (mid twenties in the league tables, if that kind of thing helps you judge it) with ABB for English Lit (there are loads of combinations for it though). Not too sure what the course content is, but Canterbury is beautiful and they have an incredible exchange/study abroad program

Hope that helped in some way
    I went to Kent Open day a couple of weeks back - looking at it for my insurance. They said straight English Lit. is more likely an AAB offer, with most of the joint hons. being ABB (THEY HAVE A HUGE amount of English related JH).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh Hi)
    I went to Kent Open day a couple of weeks back - looking at it for my insurance. They said straight English Lit. is more likely an AAB offer, with most of the joint hons. being ABB (THEY HAVE A HUGE amount of English related JH).
    Ah okay, my bad I know, I was amazed at the number of English courses you could choose from! Good luck either way

ReputationRep:
    Some people from my English Lit class got BBB offers from Edinburgh for Lang&Lit...I'm guessing Lit might be similar?

ReputationRep:
    I know people who got ABB from Glasgow.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 1, 2011

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.