Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How on earth can I cancel my loan with Student Finance England? (not going to uni now)

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you have to worry about it, you only get the money in your bank once you have confirmed your attendance at the uni itself so I imagine you don't do that your loan will get cancelled automatically, if you're unsure though just phone them.

ReputationRep:
    The above poster is incorrect.

You will need to phone them and tell them you've changed your mind and aren't going to uni as if you do decide to go in the future it could potentially cause a humongous headache with student finance. Plus, when you originally applied it'll actually be in the T's & C's that you need to tell them.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.