future_IBer
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Can someone please tell me what the answer is to this verbal question:

Horticulturalists must take into account many factors when planning the reproduction of plants. Propagation by seed is the most common method employed as it is relatively easy and has a good expected rate of germination, although this can drop if the seed has been packaged for more than a year. Many seeds can remain viable for up to 5 years if properly stored, as their protective coats prevent sprouting until ideal growing conditions exist. External conditions can be manipulated in order to bring seeds out of dormancy and hasten germination. However, even in optimal conditions, some seeds are reluctant to sprout.

Q: The reproduction of flora involves many aspects for horticulturalists to consider

True, False, Cannot Say

Am I right in thinking that since flora is a type of flower, then the passage automatically refers to flora as well, making 'True' the correct answer?
PrincePauper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by future_IBer)
Can someone please tell me what the answer is to this verbal question:

Horticulturalists must take into account many factors when planning the reproduction of plants. Propagation by seed is the most common method employed as it is relatively easy and has a good expected rate of germination, although this can drop if the seed has been packaged for more than a year. Many seeds can remain viable for up to 5 years if properly stored, as their protective coats prevent sprouting until ideal growing conditions exist. External conditions can be manipulated in order to bring seeds out of dormancy and hasten germination. However, even in optimal conditions, some seeds are reluctant to sprout.

Q: The reproduction of flora involves many aspects for horticulturalists to consider

True, False, Cannot Say

Am I right in thinking that since flora is a type of flower, then the passage automatically refers to flora as well, making 'True' the correct answer?
.....future IBer.....

flora is plantation
Teenage Pirate
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
flora is plants as said above.
lilpenguin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Come on BarCap's test isn't that hard...
future_IBer
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
so is my answer correct then?
Jakeh
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by future_IBer)
so is my answer correct then?
The passage is about plants right? Flora is a plant is it not? So if we follow this assumption and our knowledge and from the reading I think we can assume that the the passage is true in regards to flora...
Michel Foucault
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The answer's 'cannot say'; flora's a brand of butter, and the text doesn't mention anything about the reproduction of butter so we don't know.
asifali111
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
first question is True because Flora is plant and read the first line of passage carefully
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (153)
15.76%
Uncertainty around my education (157)
16.17%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (92)
9.47%
Isolating with family (65)
6.69%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (35)
3.6%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (86)
8.86%
Loneliness (97)
9.99%
Financial worries (42)
4.33%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (88)
9.06%
Exposure to negative news/social media (67)
6.9%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (89)
9.17%

Watched Threads