Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was wondering if someone can help me.

In Humanities for first year, do we need to have 60 credits in the subject that we are majoring in?

Also if I do modules worth 30 credits in subject X, can I still progress to year 2 and still do some of that subject.

And finally, how does someone actually get the full credits? Ie is it possible to only get 7 credits from a module?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    You need to have 60 credits each semester, seeing as there are two, the year should be 120 overall (plus 15 from the Engaging with Humanities course)

Like today i've picked the two History modules, film and media cultures, and doing that this semester and the next.

Pretty sure you can keep a module as long as you pass it first year. All modules are worth 15 credits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blame)
    You need to have 60 credits each semester, seeing as there are two, the year should be 120 overall (plus 15 from the Engaging with Humanities course)
    I assume you are talking about the 'Graduate and Information Skills' module, which is compulsory for all humanities students but is actually not worth any credits nor will failing this module stop you from graduating! If you graduate without completing the module it will come up as 'failed' on your final gradelist.

(Original post by Xannny)
    Hi,

I was wondering if someone can help me.Thanks.
    In Humanities for first year, do we need to have 60 credits in the subject that we are majoring in?
    You can pick any combination of subjects really as long as you take at least 30 credits in each subject area. I would however strongly advice that you take at least 60 credits in your main subject area (although for some subjects, like journalism, this isn't really possible).

Also if I do modules worth 30 credits in subject X, can I still progress to year 2 and still do some of that subject.
    Absolutely! If you, for example, have 60 credits in your main subject then 30 credits in two other modules you can take the same subjects in your second year if you want but you can also take 90 credits in your main subject and just take 1 other subject (30 credits) or if you wish take the full 120 credits in your main and do a single honours. This is completely up to you.

And finally, how does someone actually get the full credits? Ie is it possible to only get 7 credits from a module?
    No that's not possible. Every module has a set of requirements/assessments (like essays/exams/attendance) that you need to pass (obviously!). You will be awarded 15 credits for a module if you pass all these 'assets'. If you fail any one part of the module (essays/exams/attendance) you will not be awarded any credits as you have not passed the module meaning you would need to resit the module in the following year.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.