Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For people on here who use Facebook and Twitter, do you post the same stuff on both? I know people who use one professionally, and one personally might not - but what about if you use them both professionally, or both personally?

I'm just getting the hang of it all - I'm using them both personally. I was thinking of posting the same stuff on both - only because, yes some of my friends are on both, but then I have some friends who prefer Twitter and so aren't on Facebook, and vice versa - but they are all interested in the same kind of stuff - is this a valid reason to post the same things on both?

Like here's three of my tweets from today:

Really excited to start buying some new winter clothes. Need to purchase some warm pyjamas first, though, far too cold last night! Brrrr!

You know your culinary skills are superior when you can make a round of cheese/bean on toast for dinner. :P Gordon Ramsay's got nothing on me!

Love a bit of S Club 7. So many different feel-good tunes which have the abilty to instantly put you in a good mood.

Now considering the fact I'm using both networks for the same reasons - and some of my friends prefer Twitter so aren't on Facebook and vice versa - but most are into the same kind of stuff - would it be acceptable to post all of the above on Facebook as well?

Any help/advice is much appreciated as I'm just really getting my confidence up in using both social networks. Thanks in advance!

Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum by the way!

ReputationRep:
    No I post different things on either.

Last 5 FB Statuses:
    I haven't seen ben yet this morning. Oh why can't he have a phone?
    First day of uni tomorrow. Totally bricking it.
    Pancake sandwich.. nomnomnom
    Finally signed into XBL for all of 5 minutes to update the patch for Black Ops!!!.. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... I signed in, downloaded and now I got my offline Combat training!!!!!
    Anyone selling or know of anyone selling an Xbox 360 please let me know, much have HDD! not bothered about HDMI coz I ****ed my TV and it only works on component anyway.
    Last 5 tweets:
    Should really go sleep, up in 5 hours for uni!
    Really looking forward to #HighcrossLockIn Going to be a great night!
    First day of uni tomorrow. Totally bricking it.
    Thank you to the lady in the Orange shop who gave me a free Orange Wednesday code.
    Bacon sandwich. Nomnomnom
    Facebook is more from conversations/comments, Twitter is more for random thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    I think you can link them together somehow through an app on facebook, I've seen it done before.

I've never used twitter though, just a facie guy here

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.