Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

what is the procedure with applying for sales? Do some banks offer a sales internship/grad program? Or are you expected to do rotations at both? it seems like the roles require totally different skills! If that's not the case are you expected to make your preference clear in your initial application, or do they ask at the AC? I feel like I am a great candidate for sales but am not an outstanding applicant for trading.

Thanks, and apologies in advance if this is a stupid question or has already been answered on the forum!

ReputationRep:
    Some banks offer a sales internship/grad programme - UBS, BarCap, BNP, HSBC, Nomura - to name just a few. I'm sure there are more, these are the ones off the top of my head.

At banks which offer a general Sales & Trading internship/grad programme, if you state in your interviews and application that you are interested in sales, it is very likely that you will only get sales rotations. HR understand that Salespeople and Traders have totally different skills, and you will find at interview stage that most people have indicated a preference for one or the other.

Don't hesitate in applying if you are worried about rotations. Make it pretty clear on the application form and in the interview/AC stage that you are only interested in sales. The rest will take care of itself.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.