Turn on thread page Beta

what do you do when you cant sleep? watch

ReputationRep:
    when i can sleepi go outside and watch the stars. i can stare at them until sun rise. i sit on top of our shed and watch the beautiful site.

ReputationRep:
    If I can't sleep, I'll try a few things.

1) Just lie on top of the quilts for 15 minutes with my eyes shut trying to sleep
    2) If that fails, grab some music and listen to that, it tends to put me asleep
    3) If that fails, I tend to say: Screw it, allnighter. ^_^

ReputationRep:
    eat and draw!

ReputationRep:
    Get comfortable and think of NOTHING. Keep your mind blank as you can't rest your brain if you are thinking about things, which includes trying to go to sleep! Also, don't be tempted to go get a midnight snack as the energy you absorb from this food/drink will keep you up even longer.

Music and books can help rest your mind, however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickth)
    Get comfortable and think of NOTHING. Keep your mind blank as you can't rest your brain if you are thinking about things, which includes trying to go to sleep!
    I also try to empty my brain of all thought which I find near enough impossible so I think of a completely still mass of pale pink water under a blue sky and that seems to do the trick

Or sometimes I'll just write until I can't anymore..

Looking at the stars is a lovely idea, I used to have my bed under a skylight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IxI_Rhys_IxI)
    If I can't sleep, I'll try a few things.

1) Just lie on top of the quilts for 15 minutes with my eyes shut trying to sleep
    2) If that fails, grab some music and listen to that, it tends to put me asleep
    3) If that fails, I tend to say: Screw it, allnighter. ^_^
    thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.