Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm an avid player of RPGs but I haven't got anything to play right now. So I'd really like to know if you can mention a good rpg ( except the ones I've played already : Baldur's Gate, Planescape, NWN, Diablo 2, Torchlight, Mass Effect 1&2, Dragon Age, Oblivion, Morrowind, Gothic, The Witcher. I was thinking about Daggerdale, but I've read some reviews and it appears it sucks badly.

Also, I'd like some adventure/ exploration games, like Prince of Persia (Sands to Two Thrones) or (don't laugh!) the first Harry Potter games, which were surprisingly good. Call of Cthulhu was very nice too, until it descended into all-out-shooter territory. Loved Thief 3 as well.

Thanks for any suggestion.

ReputationRep:
    All the Legend of Zelda games

ReputationRep:
    Wait till Skyrim comes out, personally can't wait for it myself.

ReputationRep:
    RPGs- Knights of the Old Republic 1/2 (star wars,but very much the same playstyle as NWN)

There's also a sequel to the witcher and Dragonage, haven't tried either but i enjoyed the first ones.

Daggerdale is meant to be quite bad, and this is coming from a DnD player :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guru Jason)
    Wait till Skyrim comes out, personally can't wait for it myself.
    Or this, can't wait hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helevorn)
    RPGs- Knights of the Old Republic 1/2 (star wars,but very much the same playstyle as NWN)

There's also a sequel to the witcher and Dragonage, haven't tried either but i enjoyed the first ones.

Daggerdale is meant to be quite bad, and this is coming from a DnD player :P
    Forgot to mention that I also played KOTOR . I've played pen & paper D&D for a while, kinda gave up on it because the pure caster classes are so ridiculously overpowered compared to fighters etc. If you let everyone play wizards and clerics, it's hard to give them a challenge if you're the DM. If you ban wizards, clerics and druids it gets kinda boring.

ReputationRep:
    Dragon Quest for the DS is quality, you could also try Final Fantasy, but if your looking for a game for your PC try MapleStory.

ReputationRep:
    witcher 2 is awesome! also fallout new vegas rocks!

ReputationRep:
    Try some of the Fallout series, more of an RPG shooter but amazing world and it's so open!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mihai)
    Hey guys, I'm an avid player of RPGs but I haven't got anything to play right now. So I'd really like to know if you can mention a good rpg ( except the ones I've played already : Baldur's Gate, Planescape, NWN, Diablo 2, Torchlight, Mass Effect 1&2, Dragon Age, Oblivion, Morrowind, Gothic, The Witcher. I was thinking about Daggerdale, but I've read some reviews and it appears it sucks badly.

Also, I'd like some adventure/ exploration games, like Prince of Persia (Sands to Two Thrones) or (don't laugh!) the first Harry Potter games, which were surprisingly good. Call of Cthulhu was very nice too, until it descended into all-out-shooter territory. Loved Thief 3 as well.

Thanks for any suggestion.
    Runescape

ReputationRep:
    Any of the Final Fantasy series, Live a live, Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3, Earthbound, Chronotrigger, Chrono Cross, Terranigma, Tales of Phantasia, Illusion of Gaia, Secret of Gaia.. Lots of them. (And they can be run on the PC / Mac too)

ReputationRep:
    Fallout 3. It's amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    Fallout 3. It's amazing.
    you played new vegas yet? takes the best bits out of fallout 3 and makes them sparkle

ReputationRep:
    I would recomend darksiders, really liked that game kinda similar to zelda games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiveFastDieYoung)
    you played new vegas yet? takes the best bits out of fallout 3 and makes them sparkle
    Nope, not yet. I have to finish F3 first which won't happen anytime soon cause I'm on my laptop for the next few months

ReputationRep:
    Final Fantasy would be my reccomendation, although the better ones tend to be the older ones, but they are still an excellent series. X is probably the best one to start with

ReputationRep:
    Club penguin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarcos)
    I would recomend darksiders, really liked that game kinda similar to zelda games.
    This. It's basically the Zelda series on steroids with a hood; a good adventure game.

I'd also get the Fallout games if I were you. If you don't like guns just use melee. Party time.

ReputationRep:
    you could try WoW (mmorpg)

Or the Witcher 2

or wait until Skyrim comes out.

ReputationRep:
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Fallout 3/New Vegas.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 21, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.