Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I work for a small company and have been doing some work for them over the holidays; commission based work that gets me a decent amount of money for every task I do (don't want to disclose too much info on here). About 2 1/2 weeks ago I handed in my work and my invoice on time, and a few days later was given my targets for the month ahead. I was expected to be paid by at least a week after I'd handed everything in. I then got a message from the company saying I needed to amend a couple of the documents I had written which I then did well before the deadline and again handed them in, in all good time. 2 1/2 weeks later I have still not been paid, and I am getting rather annoyed.

Considering I've not been paid for my previous month's work, AND been given this month's work to do on top of this, I'm getting rather angry. I'm owed over £100 and this money I really need to go towards my rent, since my student loan doesn't come in for at least another 2 weeks. It's nearly October and I handed in my work at the beginning of September.

Is it fair for me to say "I do not want to start October's tasks until I have guaranteed payment of last month's work"? I'm running out of money and I think it's unfair that they don't hold up the end of the bargain if I've held up mine.

Cheers guys

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Get tough.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.