Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I have 3 questions regarding UCAS:

1) I am not entirely sure whether to put my module marks or not? The reason being is that they are quite erratic; in some I got D's and C's yet for my A2 English Lit paper I got 119/120, which I feel is a worthwhile mention, but if I insert one, I have to insert them all!!

Would this affect my application somewhat? do module marks matter or are admissions officers only concerned about your overall grades??

2) I did ICT for GCSE but I am not entirely sure which 'qualification' it is; on the certificate it says "Level 2 National Certificate (Vocationally-related qualification)" which doesn't seem to be an option on the list!! Shall I just put it as a 'GCSE' and leave it at that?

3) I thought it'd be nice to mention I got almost full marks for my Lit paper in my personal statement seeing as I am not sure I am going to include my module marks, but is this a good idea??

Thanks everyone!

ReputationRep:
    You can ask your referee to mention particularly good module marks, though the overall grade matters more.

If it's a National Certificate, the advice from UCAS is this:
    (Original post by UCAS)
    Group awards

Such as HNCs, HNDs, National Certificates, National Progression Awards (NPAs), Professional Development Awards (PDAs), Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs)

Enter the title for the whole course, the date when you finished or expect to finish the course and the result or grade. If you're still studying for the qualification, leave the result/grade box blank. Then enter details for all the units or subjects that make up the qualification. If you're entering details of an HNC or HND that includes Group Award Graded Units, give details for these units by putting 'Graded Unit' after the unit title, for example, HNC Business Graded Unit 1.

If you have taken, or are taking, HNC or HND units, national units or workplace-assessed units, but not as part of a course or group award, enter the details as free-standing units.
    It's not really appropriate in your PS, let your referee do it instead.

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.